1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

compare online retailers

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by jaysly, Mar 18, 2010.

1. Mar 18, 2010 at 8:08 AM
    jaysly

jaysly [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Corpus Christi
    Vehicle:
    10 PreRunner TRDsport
    I am in the process of getting some price quotes for speakers and HU and there is such a difference from one retailer to another. Crutchfield for example which is probably the most well known company is selling a pair of JL Audio C5-525 component speakers for $499.99. After comparing, I found a few other retailers selling the same component speakers for $289.99. Is the cheaper retailer scamming? When I looked at the website for the cheaper one it says "brand new, factory sealed". Why the price difference?

2. Mar 18, 2010 at 12:56 PM
    phd12volt

phd12volt Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    So-Cal
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma Manual 2wd Access Cab 5-Lugger
    Homelink Mirror Autopage Alarm/Remote Start/C3 Tracking Alpine w505 w/P1 Nav
    because they are not authorized to sell it. it is called trans-shipping, and is generally frowned upon in the 12volt industry. You will have no warranty on the product from the manufacturer. So if you think you will need warranty repairs in the future, i would suggest buying from a dealer to protect yourself in the future.

Products Discussed in

To Top