1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Valentine One Hardwired (Install with Pics)

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by 747, Mar 18, 2010.

1. Mar 18, 2010 at 9:06 PM

747 [OP] function > form

Member:
    Vehicle:
    1st Gen.
    Hardwired my V1. Here’s how I did it:

1. Removed: Map light trim, rearview mirror, map light cluster, driver’s visor, driver’s side pillar trim, and driver’s side kick panel.

2. Ran power cord (phone cord) above headliner, across to the driver’s side pillar, and down pillar.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Dropped power cord in gap between pillar and dashboard, through to the driver’s side floor.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Used suppled power cord tap, and tapped into 12v non-switched (i.e., hot) wire running from battery [the “hot” wire from battery is for my reverse light and switch].

5. Attached supplied hardwire adapter to tap, grounded the adapter, and plugged power cord into the adapter. Mounted adapter to exposed body behind kick panel using supplied velcro-like attachment.

[​IMG]

6. Plugged other end of power cord into V1...POWER! Reinstalled kick panel, and tucked wires underneath dashboard.

[​IMG]

7. Reinstalled pillar trim, visor, map light cluster, and map light trim. Deleted oem mirror, and used “Munchkin Mirror” -- purchased at Wal-Mart for $5. Munchkin Mirror found in “infant” section by child-car-seats, and advertised as mirror for driver to keep an eye on kids in the backseats. Using it as new rearview mirror. Needed smaller mirror for better V1 mounting position.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That was it.

Total install time: 1 hour.

Tools used: Phillips and Flat-Tip/Blade screwdrivers, socket wrench and 10mm socket, and Munchkin Mirror.

Injuries: Thumbnail partially torn away from thumb (switched to flat-tip screwdriver thereafter); smashed index finger (somehow).

Ease of install: Pretty easy.

Photo of exterior follows. Thanks for looking!

[​IMG]

2. Mar 19, 2010 at 5:09 AM
    Gingrbredman

Gingrbredman Love the Tick!

Member:
    First Name:
    G
    Chicagoland
    Vehicle:
    09 Double Cab Sport 4WD
    I like the install. I did this on my 06. Nothing better than a clean, inconspicuous install on a radar detector.

3. Mar 19, 2010 at 2:11 PM
    sirsaechao

sirsaechao Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    CA
    Vehicle:
    2002 Toyota Tacoma SR5 TRD 3.4L 4X4 V6
    A lift, some wheels, some tires, some performance, some cosmetic and then audio.
    Looks good minus the midget rear view mirror.

4. Mar 19, 2010 at 3:19 PM

747 [OP] function > form

Member:
    Vehicle:
    1st Gen.
    EDIT: The munchkin mirror ended up being useless...updated w/aftermarket mirror.

[​IMG]

Products Discussed in

To Top