Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

size saving sub / amp setup for access cabs

Old 03-19-2010, 07:48 PM   #1
doodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud of
doodle_cakes's Tacoma Gallery
size saving sub / amp setup for access cabs

Anyone have anything really slick that doesn't involve a custom made box taking up a large portion of the back or using the storage compartments under the seats?

I'm mostly trying to find a nice setup that will fit complete under the front seats and not sound like crap. I don't care about huge bass, just a little extra kick.

Right now I am looking at the Cadence sub/amp in one unit

or this kicker. I haven't measured yet but it looks like it could fit under the drivers seat and then I would put an amp under the passenger seat

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/steve/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.jpg[/IMG]
Old 03-19-2010, 08:04 PM   #2
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
I've got a Kenwood powered sub mounted on the back wall. Sounds good to me, and it has never been in the way even with 2 sets of golf clubs back there. It's a Kenwood PSW 101.
Old 03-19-2010, 08:11 PM   #3
C17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 1A2 701 AS Charleston AFB, SC
Name: Dennis
C17Guy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtacomaguy View Post
I've got a Kenwood powered sub mounted on the back wall. Sounds good to me, and it has never been in the way even with 2 sets of golf clubs back there. It's a Kenwood PSW 101.
Have you been pretty happy with that? I'm might consider it, not looking for window shaking bass, but something noticeable to match the components in the front door.

Might consider this also http://www.crutchfield.com/p_236XT11...114&tab=review
Old 03-19-2010, 08:14 PM   #4
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
I think it sound great. I'm 54 and my 29 year old son thinks it's "OK"
Old 03-19-2010, 08:24 PM   #5
C17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 1A2 701 AS Charleston AFB, SC
Name: Dennis
C17Guy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtacomaguy View Post
I think it sound great. I'm 54 and my 29 year old son thinks it's "OK"
Very cool!
Old 03-19-2010, 08:42 PM   #6
doodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud of
doodle_cakes's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the reply oldtaco. I will look into those ones too now.

Anyone else sporting anything good?
Old 03-19-2010, 09:57 PM   #7
Love the Tick!
Gingrbredman is a name known to allGingrbredman is a name known to allGingrbredman is a name known to allGingrbredman is a name known to allGingrbredman is a name known to allGingrbredman is a name known to all

Name: G
Gingrbredman's Tacoma Gallery
I have heard good things about the Infiniti Basslink. A similar setup as the Kenwood above. A powered subwoofer that should fit as well.
Old 03-19-2010, 10:02 PM   #8
UG legend wannabe
snowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
snowgod06's Tacoma Gallery
if you go check at customtacos.com theres a thread made for access cab sub options, i cant find the link i saved, but if ya give me some time ill go try to dig it up for ya.
Old 03-19-2010, 10:03 PM   #9
San Antonio Detailer :)
Anthony will become famous soon enough
Anthony's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Anthony
yeah id vote basslink as well, i know several people with them and they sound decent.
Old 03-19-2010, 10:03 PM   #10
San Antonio Detailer :)
Anthony will become famous soon enough
Anthony's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Anthony
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowgod06 View Post
if you go check at customtacos.com theres a thread made for access cab sub options, i cant find the link i saved, but if ya give me some time ill go try to dig it up for ya.
hmm id like to see that too if you find it
Old 03-19-2010, 10:06 PM   #11
UG legend wannabe
snowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
snowgod06's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.customtacos.com/forum/sho...ss+cab+sub+box

scroll down just a tiny bit and you can see the smaller box options that people have created/use.