Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Built custom sub box/console for my Regular Cab tacoma w/ bucket seats

Old 03-19-2010, 09:14 PM   #1
taco king
snoozeworm is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoozeworm is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoozeworm is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoozeworm is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoozeworm is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoozeworm is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoozeworm is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoozeworm is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoozeworm is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoozeworm is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoozeworm is one of the sharper tools in the shed
snoozeworm's Tacoma Gallery
Built custom sub box/console for my Regular Cab tacoma w/ bucket seats

Here is the simple design i used to make my custom sub box for my 2004 tacoma if anyone would want to try it out. It holds a 10'' subwoofer. The box fits neatly between my 4 runner bucket seats i installed, and the large face plate for the sub tucks behind the seats, it fits snug. I needed an arm rest for shifting the 5 speed, and i also wanted a sub, so:

top and bottom panels are 8inx17in
side panels are 12x17
face pannel (towards shifter) 8x12
rear pannel for sub woofer 12x12

***this was not shown in the diagram i made on the computer, but i used 2 12x4 inch and 2 (unknown measurment) pannels to widen the subwoofer side so it would fit into the small box, i will post up a picture of what i am talking about in an hour or so.

I used drywall skrews and silicone to put the box together, installed the sub, and easily pushed down on the sub to hear/feel any air leaks which were fixed with silicone. The only thing left to do is carpet it, ill take some pictures of it here in a little bit and post them up, but for now heres the diagram i drew of the prototype.

Old 04-27-2011, 02:40 PM   #2
parting out...
speckdzl4shzl is on a distinguished road
speckdzl4shzl's Tacoma Gallery
this thread dead? relevant to my interests ATM

where u at man?
Old 04-27-2011, 02:42 PM   #3
Banned
Shemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matt
Shemicals's Tacoma Gallery
more pics fooo