Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Going with XM and not Sirius

Old 03-20-2010, 12:41 AM   #1
JGUT will become famous soon enough
JGUT's Tacoma Gallery
Going with XM and not Sirius

Well I was a former customer of Sirius but when I bought my Toyota my receiver no longer worked with the new set up. So I called Sirius to cancel and to retain my subscription they sent me a refurbished unit. Well I wasn't too excited since I like controlling it through the actual deck. Anways, after about a couple of months the unit crapped out. I called back and they told me I'd have to buy a new unit. I said forget it I'll cancel.

Well now its been about 2 years and they are enticing me to come back by offering me first 5 months for only $20. What a deal right? Well not really because guess what? It's only good for the old ESN. I tried explaining this to customer service rep and she said if I get a new unit it's just regular subscription price and no special offer.

So anyways I've decided to go with XM basically because the receiver is on sale at best buy this week for only $49. I'm not interested in Howard Stern or Martha Stewart so I'm just going to get the Mostly Music package for $9.99 a month. Hopefully I'm making a good decision.
Old 03-21-2010, 06:57 PM   #3
JGUT will become famous soon enough
JGUT's Tacoma Gallery
Yes I know they merged but they are still being run as different companies. I called XM and I told them if they would match the offer of 5 months for $20. Lady rep was helpful and told me yes. I'm a happy customer regardless of whether it's branded XM or Sirius.

I will post some pics up of my install
Old 03-22-2010, 08:35 PM   #5
phd12volt is on a distinguished road

Navy:
Name: Jason
phd12volt's Tacoma Gallery
sat radio is dying a slow painful death. They will be gone soon. Even Pioneer has a disclaimer in their radio manuals that says if they just stop broadcasting sat. they are not responsible.