Notices

can't decide clarion or cadence components

Old 03-24-2010, 10:32 AM   #1
adamstoy is on a distinguished road
Marines: mals31 aviation
Name: adam
adamstoy's Tacoma Gallery
can't decide clarion or cadence components

i'm trying to decide which speaker brand i want. i've heard good things from the local audio installer about clarions 6.5 componet speaker SRQ1631R and cadence's ZXC-6KS 6.5" componet. the cadence's list price is $450 but reduces to 70 on audiosavings.com. don't know if these are a reputable online dealer but the price and features sure sound good. i'm planning on amping these and doing 6.5 front and rear on my dbl cab. any input on which one's to go with would be great.

p.s. i haven't heard either speaker due to the audio shop not having them set up
Old 03-24-2010, 10:44 AM   #2
rebelsold will become famous soon enoughrebelsold will become famous soon enough

Name: Gim
rebelsold's Tacoma Gallery
I'd go with the Alpine type x for that price

Now i know are getting a sick deal on the Cadence speakers, but if you are looking at anything in the 450 dollar range of speaker i'd go alpine type X and by amp the components. 75-100 to tweeter and 75-150 to the mid bass driver. I had 2 sets of these byamped in my 3000gt for just the front doors and they would blow your mind. That being said the price on the cadence speakers yoour talking about is tough to beat. Personally i have never liked their sound. To bright on the tweets and to boomy on the drivers. my 2 cents.
Old 03-25-2010, 10:29 PM   #3
anyone else out there have either of these speakers?? i want to do this upgrade soon and don't wanna put something in that i'll hate later on
Old 03-26-2010, 09:45 AM   #4
Jiinx is on a distinguished road

Jiinx's Tacoma Gallery
Although both are decent, if you are willing to shell out about 150.00 more you can get a superior speaker.

Check out the Focal K2 165 - they are a steal right now for $599 on sonicelectronics.

For the kind of cash you are willing to spend, stick with a company who specializes in speakers only. You will be glad you did.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...l+165+KR2.html
Old 03-26-2010, 10:45 AM   #5
i kinda wanted to keep the price low around 100 bucks or less for a pair, thats why i chose the clarion or cadence. i'm not looking for crazy performance just better than stock
anyone ever heard of ARC audio? are they any good?
Old 03-26-2010, 11:30 AM   #6
Sounds Gooooood
ItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
ItalynStylion's Tacoma Gallery
I know you guys have heard me suggest these before, but I'm going to do it again...and again, until one of you believes me and takes my advice.

For a budget component set there is NOTHING better than the Phoenix Gold RSD65 component set. Yes, I realize I just broke my own rule stating that there is no "best" anything. But if you're looking for a budget component set that wont break the bank and yields simply outstanding performance I really can't think of anything else you'd look at. They are a STEAL at $79! They outperform component sets that sell for double what they cost.
http://woofersetc.com/p6952/RSD65cs-...ker-System.htm

Old 03-26-2010, 11:48 AM   #7
can i run components front and rear? where do i mount the tweets in the rear?
Old 03-26-2010, 11:54 AM   #8
phd12volt is on a distinguished road

Navy:
Name: Jason
phd12volt's Tacoma Gallery
Adam, since your in beaufort, have you gone to Hitts Autosound yet and talked to them guys??? They should have Arc Audio there to demo if i remember correctly, and yes the Phoenix Golds that were linked, they are a very good sounding set, especially for the money. However YOUR ears are the only thing that matter, what sounds good to me and everyone else, may not sound good to you. Installation of said speakers will matter also, dont forget about a solid install.
Old 03-26-2010, 11:59 AM   #9
Sounds Gooooood
ItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shed

^Great words of advice. The good thing is that a proper set of components can be tweaked via EQ for your taste. The PG's I mentioned have a little bit more of a laid back tweeter and a lot of midbass. Hopefully that helps describe their sound a bit. What have you listened to that you liked so far?

And you can run components in the rear you just have to find a place for the tweeter. You wont need rear speakers though IMO.
Old 03-26-2010, 03:14 PM   #10
the only thing i've listened to so far are alpine type s and rockfort punch series (had em in my old s10 off of head power) i have been to hitts audio and they recommended clarion but didn't have any to listen too. if i were to go with the pg rated at 60wrms would i need a 240 watt 4 channel amp or 2 channel?
Old 03-26-2010, 04:09 PM   #11
Sounds Gooooood

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamstoy View Post
the only thing i've listened to so far are alpine type s and rockfort punch series (had em in my old s10 off of head power) i have been to hitts audio and they recommended clarion but didn't have any to listen too. if i were to go with the pg rated at 60wrms would i need a 240 watt 4 channel amp or 2 channel?
You could run them off headunit power if you needed to but an amp would make them sound better. They'll take a good bit of power too. Over 100RMS for sure. Each set (set=left and right) of components takes 2 channels to run, a left channel and a right channel. If you want front speakers only you only need a 2 channel amp. You'd need a 4 channel amp for rears though. Either that or bridge the other two channels for a sub.