Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Home made baffles, How to

Old 03-25-2010, 06:54 PM   #1
taco06 will become famous soon enough
Name: Alejandro V
taco06's Tacoma Gallery
Home made baffles, How to

I decided to be cheap and make my own baffles. Here is a write up of what I did if any one out there tight on money, here is a way to save

1st
take old speaker out and cut it, yes cut it.

Then I solder the wires to the old ones.

Hook up speaker.. I used a sony xplode 6 1/2 and just screwd in onto the plastic

You can used the old connection

No problem fitting the door panel back

Old 03-25-2010, 06:57 PM   #2
I CANT SPELL SO DONT BITCH
mwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mwild's Tacoma Gallery
Nice writeup. Looks great
Old 03-25-2010, 06:57 PM   #3
taco06 will become famous soon enough
Name: Alejandro V
taco06's Tacoma Gallery
Had to make my own tweeter baffles... I used some type of cardboard...( dont remember the name )

Simple, trace and cut.. Not the cleanes cuts but it worked.

Im happy with results....
Old 03-26-2010, 10:22 AM   #4
Northcountry is on a distinguished road
Name: Larr
Northcountry's Tacoma Gallery
baffles

In you pics I saw a wood baffle, did you make that one as well?
Old 03-26-2010, 11:27 AM   #5
If You Search...You Shall Find.
uood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Uniform / Marked Patrol
uood8's Tacoma Gallery
+1 for your instructions...did the same thing to my gf's cobalt, worked out perfectly.
Old 03-26-2010, 11:38 AM   #6
Sounds Gooooood
ItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
ItalynStylion's Tacoma Gallery
I had done the same in my IS300 (same baffle/speakers) initially till I got a tool I could make wooden baffles out of. Works pretty well.
Old 03-26-2010, 12:41 PM   #7
81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed
81shark's Tacoma Gallery
yup..i resused the stock tweeter to mount my front tweeter to. looked a little ghetto, but once the door cover was back on, couldn't tell.