Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

usa spec pa-12toy question

Old 04-06-2010, 01:03 PM   #1
MonStar
Koov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Koov's Tacoma Gallery
usa spec pa-12toy question

Hi, I want to have ipod access in my 06 tacoma. I have read that the: usa spec pa-12toy is the best interface to use. Is this true? Does anyone know if you can use your iphone with it too? Or is it just for Ipods? Also, does it charge the Ipod while in use?

Thanks.
Old 04-06-2010, 01:10 PM   #2
stenyeart is on a distinguished road
Name: Sean
stenyeart's Tacoma Gallery
I have the pa15-toy, they do not make the pa12-toy anymore. It works great, charges while you are listening to your ipod. It is also fully compatible with the iphone. Just make sure you get the pa15-toy. Someone is selling one on here right now.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/buy...d-adapter.html
Old 04-06-2010, 01:13 PM   #3
JeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JeffRock's Tacoma Gallery
I have a pa12 toy hanging around somewhere.
But yeah, the pa15 should work with iphones, but you might have to buy a different cable to charge the ipod.
My periphial i pod adapter will not charger my GF's daughters ipod touch.
Old 04-06-2010, 01:15 PM   #4
I have a spare cable for the pa15 toy. It is the one that will charge all ipods. No sure if it is the same cable for the periphial.
Old 04-06-2010, 01:25 PM   #5
MonStar
Koov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Koov's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks. Ill be sure to get the PA15 one. Pretty easy install?
Old 04-06-2010, 04:02 PM   #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koov View Post
Thanks. Ill be sure to get the PA15 one. Pretty easy install?
Pull the radio out, plug it in and route the ipod cable to your desired location, put the radio back in and you are listening to tunes.
Old 04-07-2010, 07:51 PM   #7
mtnlobo is on a distinguished road
mtnlobo's Tacoma Gallery
Super easy to install! Take a look at the various YouTube videos out there before you start... It took me 15 minutes total - and much longer to find the 10 or 11mm socket!