Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Uniden PRO520XL

Old 04-21-2010, 04:11 PM   #1
Chachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
Chachie's Tacoma Gallery
Uniden PRO520XL

Has anyone opened one of these up before? How many wires running to the faceplate? I Just ordered on and i am going to be combining these two ideas

CB Radio (Cobra 29) Mod & Mount in Center Console - Tacoma World Forums

Yaesu FT-8800R Install on 05+ Tacoma - Tacoma World Forums

I am going to be taking a 20 conductor (hopfully less) wire and extending the front panel and flush mount it in the headliner behind the console. Anybody have any ideas?
Old 04-23-2010, 05:07 AM   #2
Shine bright like a hymen
DDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DDD's Tacoma Gallery
To put the faceplate on the roof you will need some long wires. My Cobra CB needed over 40 wires. Will your mic and cable be hanging down and swinging while you drive?

This video gives you a peek at the internals of the PRO250XL. It looks pretty basic. Shouldn't be too hard to re-locate the faceplate.
Old 04-23-2010, 07:14 AM   #3
Chachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
Chachie's Tacoma Gallery
I know the wires are going to be suuuuuper long. Lol. I am going to open it and see how many there are then get a single cable with that many strands. And as for the mic situation, I'm going to put a hook on the back of the mic and put a small eye on the side of the over head console so to will hang on the eye, out of the way.