Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Any stealth box DIY for first gen?

Old 04-23-2010, 09:07 AM   #1
mattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shed
mattleegee's Tacoma Gallery
Any stealth box DIY for first gen?

95-04
extended cab
stealthbox

I seen the ones on crutchfield and was thinking about making something custom for a 10 or possible a 12 that would either take over one of the back seats in a extended cab, or take over the middle of the back bench.

Any ideas?

Weather is warming up and im ready to get started!
Old 04-23-2010, 09:20 AM   #2
Sounds Gooooood
ItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
ItalynStylion's Tacoma Gallery
Can you post some pictures of the rear seat area? I'm not familiar with that model's back seat so I'm not much help I'm afraid.

Can you fiberglass and or cut wood well?
Old 04-23-2010, 09:30 AM   #3
mattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shed
I am ok/good/great with both
Cutting big circles might be a problem but if its only one i can take my time

I used to make custom gauge pods for 04-08 Mazda3 and made them match the factory dash (kind of like 350z gauges incorporated with the dash)

I will snap some photos, i need to go put my rear bumper on anyway
Old 04-23-2010, 10:52 AM   #4
Here are some measurements
Panel to panel length 52-3/4
Bench depth 12-1/2
Panel to inside edge of seat 23-1/8
Seat width 19-3/4
Gap between seats 6-3/4

I was thinking about elimintaing the seat behind the driver entirely to build something on the bench, or making something to go inbetween, i was hoping someone had something they thought about or did...

Here is the xtra cab set up, the crutchfield one is built in between the two fold down seats and is kind of tall

Old 04-23-2010, 10:55 AM   #5
Sounds Gooooood
ItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I'd just remove the seat and build a rectangular or wedge shaped box that would sit on top of it. Should work fairly well.
Old 04-23-2010, 11:01 AM   #6
i think a wedge would be nice so i could still lean the seat all the way back for sleeping purposes, but then if i bolted it down i would loose that storage compartment which currently holds 4 ratchet strap tie downs and a snatch
Old 04-23-2010, 11:27 AM   #7
Sounds Gooooood

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattleegee View Post
i think a wedge would be nice so i could still lean the seat all the way back for sleeping purposes, but then if i bolted it down i would loose that storage compartment which currently holds 4 ratchet strap tie downs and a snatch
Who says you can't build a small compartment into the box itself?
Old 04-23-2010, 11:32 AM   #8
good idea... i have a feeling im going to make this a big project
i was just out in the truck in a good sleeping postition measuring the height of seat headrest to the bench.. haha

thanks for the input so far
Old 04-23-2010, 11:58 AM   #9
Sounds Gooooood

You're welcome. Keep us updated on the progress!
Old 06-21-2010, 12:44 PM   #10
boshak is a splendid one to beholdboshak is a splendid one to beholdboshak is a splendid one to beholdboshak is a splendid one to beholdboshak is a splendid one to beholdboshak is a splendid one to beholdboshak is a splendid one to behold

Name: Tony
boshak's Tacoma Gallery
any update on your box? I'm looking to build a stealth box as well. I just don't know how to do the wider build out for the sub.
Old 06-21-2010, 02:06 PM   #12
sirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
sirsaechao's Tacoma Gallery
Justin is making 10's and 12's like the pic.

justinleathers@just-installs.com
Attached Thumbnails
Any stealth box DIY for first gen?-630_500_csupload_13359963.jpg  
Old 06-21-2010, 03:57 PM   #13
boshak is a splendid one to beholdboshak is a splendid one to beholdboshak is a splendid one to beholdboshak is a splendid one to beholdboshak is a splendid one to beholdboshak is a splendid one to beholdboshak is a splendid one to behold

boshak's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirsaechao View Post
Justin is making 10's and 12's like the pic.

justinleathers@just-installs.com
This looks great. Thanks for the reference. Do you have one yourself and if so, how do you like it?
Old 06-22-2010, 07:16 AM   #14
sirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
sirsaechao's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by boshak View Post
This looks great. Thanks for the reference. Do you have one yourself and if so, how do you like it?
I don't...I asked about it before but just have other priorities that needs my attention.
Old 06-22-2010, 05:03 PM   #15

boshak's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirsaechao View Post
I don't...I asked about it before but just have other priorities that needs my attention.
I spoke with Justin and he has interest in doing a group buy for us. I will post up later tonight or tomorrow.
Old 06-29-2010, 09:51 AM   #16
goldfish is on a distinguished road
goldfish's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by boshak View Post
I spoke with Justin and he has interest in doing a group buy for us. I will post up later tonight or tomorrow.
did anything ever come out of that?
Old 07-01-2010, 11:18 AM   #17

boshak's Tacoma Gallery
Yes, I'm in the middle of moving right now so I haven't been able to sit down and nail down the details. I'll be posting them soon, sorry for the hold up.
Old 07-03-2010, 12:15 PM   #18
RJSNoCal is on a distinguished road
RJSNoCal's Tacoma Gallery
I'm very interested in if/when a group buy is made available.
'99 Prerunner V6 extra cab.
Old 07-03-2010, 12:36 PM   #19
99tacosupreme has a spectacular aura about99tacosupreme has a spectacular aura about

Name: Kyle
99tacosupreme's Tacoma Gallery
I am also Interested, depending upon the price.
Old 07-04-2010, 08:42 AM   #20

boshak's Tacoma Gallery
I just sent out an email to him to clarify a few things on price and function. He's offering $300 for a 10" sub box (originally $400), and $400 for a 12" sub box (Originally $500). *Details still need to be confirmed.

Before anyone responds saying that price is too high, the JL sub box retails for $600 (with a sub). $300 for this custom box, IMO, is a great deal considering you can choose the sub you want to install.