Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Ideas for Double Cab audio?

Old 10-17-2006, 12:28 PM   #1
googuse is on a distinguished road
googuse's Tacoma Gallery
Ideas for Double Cab audio?

I'd like to beef up my audio system. Are there any good ideas for a 2002 Double Cab? Not really anywhere to put a sub!
Old 10-19-2006, 05:20 PM   #2
BigBacon is on a distinguished road
BigBacon's Tacoma Gallery
Re:

yeah man...I just got done with a friends 03' double cab. we went with a Panisonic Head unit..flip down faceplate..we put in memphis door speakers all around with a mtx 4-channel amp. sounds awesome! great if your not looking for a sub(no room anyway). i would also sugest to find some good tweeters..mabey pioneer...and cutting a whole in your plastic over the driver and passenger seatbelts...and mount them there...we did it in his...great highs! plus with a good head unit..you can control those tweeters like a sub. so they wont blow your ear off!
Old 11-24-2006, 08:32 AM   #3
it's all about me
Ldytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to behold

Ldytaco05's Tacoma Gallery
if you want to drive to impress, you should look at the eclipse brand.
Old 11-24-2006, 12:01 PM   #4
Born to Ride
TheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chicky Baby
TheMaster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBacon View Post
find some good tweeters..mabey pioneer...and cutting a whole in your plastic over the driver and passenger seatbelts...and mount them there...we did it in his...great highs! plus with a good head unit..you can control those tweeters like a sub. so they wont blow your ear off!
From what I know, for the perfect sound stage effect you must have your tweeters in front, ideally on the dash facing upwards. In my opinion, having tweeters right next to your ear can cause long term hearing damage and may drown out mid range. I had a similar setup (dash mounted JBL tweeters) with 4 MTX mid's and 10" MTX Blue Thunder subs. Its the best stereo system I've ever listened to . It was way superior to the Bose 601's and 901's in my studio. I would pay top dollar for a system like that today.
Old 11-24-2006, 03:11 PM   #5
MapMasterG has a spectacular aura aboutMapMasterG has a spectacular aura aboutMapMasterG has a spectacular aura about
MapMasterG's Tacoma Gallery
see member Jesse's Taco Sound sytem

Hey Googuse, I had the same question about the subs...see my "aloha from Maui" post in the audio forum. Jesse answered back with some great info. He built a custom sub enclosure that fits behind the rear seats and has posted some cool links for construction tips. It is a small space, but I just found a 10" Clarion sub that is only 3" deep. I think with the seats in the regular position you may sacrifice some sound quality because the sub is firing right into the seat-back, but if you don't have passengers I would leave the seats in the down position. Also, if you don't feel like building a custom box, Tacotunes.com makes some to fit and MTX is coming out with a custom molded "ThunderForm" box for the '05-'07 Tacos this month.
Old 12-31-2006, 04:24 AM   #6
Mackdive808 is on a distinguished road
Mackdive808's Tacoma Gallery
aloha

hey i was loking up some stuff on stereos as well. went to this stereo place and they are gonna do a custom box with 3- 6.5" JL Audio. sounded really good. I have heard som others with 10" and they rattled too much.