Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

First post and question

Old 05-05-2010, 03:19 PM   #1
RickO is a name known to allRickO is a name known to allRickO is a name known to allRickO is a name known to allRickO is a name known to allRickO is a name known to all
Name: Rick
RickO's Tacoma Gallery
First post and question

Hi all,

Picking up my (new to me) 2008 Tacoma Access Cab tomorrow and I want to change things right away. The truck comes with the stock HU (AM/FM/CD). I am told that a satellite receiver can be hooked up to this HU and can be accessed by pushing the AM button twice. Can anyone comment on this being correct? Also, can I get an aftermarket sat receiver to connect to this HU and if so what would you suggest? If I need a new HU, what would you suggest? My budget is tight so < $300 would be great.

I did indeed search all threads I could find here and on TN but did not find the info I need.

Thanks to all in advance!!
Old 05-05-2010, 03:24 PM   #2
When I grow up I want to be just like Me
BRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BRP27's Tacoma Gallery
You can get Sat recievers for around $100 that access the HU using a FM signal. You lose bandwidth when you take Sat and convert it to FM.

But I'll bet you want a unit that plugs in so you don't lose the bandwidth

And welcome to the forum