Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

By far cheapest way to get iPod with factory radio

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-07-2010, 05:36 PM   #1
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
By far cheapest way to get iPod with factory radio

I bought the Metra iPod Adaptor from Techforless.com for roughly $35-40 shipped (can't remember exact price) a few weeks ago, and now its even cheaper. Install was easy and it came with an iPod mount.

The only problem is that when I connected my iTouch to the unit, the unit wants to control it but is incompatible. It will play my music, but when I go to music on my iTouch I get the "Accessory Connected" message, so I had to unplug my Itouch to change music.

Went and Jailbroke my Itouch today and got the noaccessorysplash app added to the jailbreak. So now I have regained full control of my Itouch and it only recognizes the adaptor as a dock, so I can control my music fully from the Itouch again the way I want.

Total cost for it all was under $40, and I have full control over my iPod with perfect sound, all out of the factory unit.
Old 05-07-2010, 05:39 PM   #2
You think I was rollin out here naked?
ToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: MA
ToucanV13's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet good toknow
Old 05-20-2010, 08:15 PM   #3
chich2000 is on a distinguished road
chich2000's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaos View Post
I bought the Metra iPod Adaptor from Techforless.com for roughly $35-40 shipped (can't remember exact price) a few weeks ago, and now its even cheaper. Install was easy and it came with an iPod mount.

The only problem is that when I connected my iTouch to the unit, the unit wants to control it but is incompatible. It will play my music, but when I go to music on my iTouch I get the "Accessory Connected" message, so I had to unplug my Itouch to change music.

Went and Jailbroke my Itouch today and got the noaccessorysplash app added to the jailbreak. So now I have regained full control of my Itouch and it only recognizes the adaptor as a dock, so I can control my music fully from the Itouch again the way I want.

Total cost for it all was under $40, and I have full control over my iPod with perfect sound, all out of the factory unit.
do you have the JBL or non JBL stereo?
Old 05-20-2010, 08:22 PM   #4
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Check out Grom Audio.

Edit: I really need to read the entire first post.
Old 05-21-2010, 12:40 AM   #5
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
do you have a pic of the mount?
Old 05-23-2010, 10:19 PM   #6
Carson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to behold

Name: Carson
Carson's Tacoma Gallery
Was this the one you got Metra TYIP01
Now its only 20$ :O
Old 05-25-2010, 09:52 AM   #7
Hey Now!
w00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
w00dy's Tacoma Gallery
Khaos---
How did you make out with this unit. Its down to $18...!!!! ($11 for shipping though)
It doesn't say if it work for 3gs.

Do you have any pictures before you installed it or after? The pictures on the site are not the best.

My phone is spirit j'broken btw
thanks
Old 07-06-2010, 08:43 PM   #8
More Cowbell!
VooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Carter Ivey
VooDoo's Tacoma Gallery
would this work with an ipod classic without having to unplugging it everytime?
Old 07-06-2010, 09:07 PM   #10
More Cowbell!
VooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

VooDoo's Tacoma Gallery
just ordered one for 20.88 including shipping!! If it doesn't work oh well it was only 20 bucks
Old 07-09-2010, 03:50 PM   #11
More Cowbell!

VooDoo's Tacoma Gallery
got it in the mail today and it didn't work...
it says its connected but wont let me press the disc button...i have a ipod classic so i cant jailbreak it
Old 07-09-2010, 06:22 PM   #12
pdb745 is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Alabama Air National Guard
pdb745's Tacoma Gallery
Does anyone know if it works with the IPhone?
Old 07-09-2010, 08:51 PM   #13
-Empty-
KaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Aaron
KaoskrewPB's Tacoma Gallery
To get the iPod to change from "accessory connected" mode try holding the down arrow on your steering wheel.
It worked with my old Neo adapter.
Old 08-10-2010, 01:29 PM   #14
Carson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to behold

Carson's Tacoma Gallery
Thread revival, but i just wanted to say i got one of these for 15$ shipped. I received it like 4 days after i ordered it and the install took like less than 30 mins. It works great on my ipod touch 2nd gen, the only thing is doesnt do is charge the battery but thats not a big deal. Just wanted to let people know.
Old 08-10-2010, 01:33 PM   #15
SoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SoCalBlack08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carson View Post
Thread revival, but i just wanted to say i got one of these for 15$ shipped. I received it like 4 days after i ordered it and the install took like less than 30 mins. It works great on my ipod touch 2nd gen, the only thing is doesnt do is charge the battery but thats not a big deal. Just wanted to let people know.
it lets you change music from the ipod too?
Old 08-10-2010, 01:35 PM   #16

Carson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBlack08 View Post
it lets you change music from the ipod too?
yeah, but its a jailbroken ipod and i used the noaccesorysplash app from cydia.
Old 08-10-2010, 01:37 PM   #17
SoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SoCalBlack08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carson View Post
yeah, but its a jailbroken ipod and i used the noaccesoryslash app from cydia.
oh ok...i dont want to jailbrake mine yet haha
Old 08-10-2010, 01:53 PM   #18

Carson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBlack08 View Post
oh ok...i dont want to jailbrake mine yet haha
oh, yeah i understand.
Old 08-17-2010, 07:34 PM   #19
Very nice how much?
Forster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Firefighter/EMT
Name: Nick
Forster46's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Forster46
quick question, i was reading up on these and noticed everyone who has them has a 6 disc changer. i have single disc and does it still work? and whats jbl?
Old 08-17-2010, 07:35 PM   #20
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forster46 View Post
quick question, i was reading up on these and noticed everyone who has them has a 6 disc changer. i have single disc and does it still work? and whats jbl?
The harness works for all stereos on the 2nd gen trucks. JBL is a brand of stereo and is the "better" stereo option available for the Taco.

Products Discussed in this Thread