Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Noob question

Old 05-08-2010, 09:11 PM   #1
You're my boy blue
Blue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Dylan
Blue's Tacoma Gallery
Noob question

Alright im a complete noob when it comes to stereos and sub woofers. I am planning on running these subs. My question for you guys is how many channels must my amp have?
Old 05-08-2010, 09:27 PM   #2
Waking the Dead is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaking the Dead is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaking the Dead is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaking the Dead is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaking the Dead is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaking the Dead is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaking the Dead is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaking the Dead is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaking the Dead is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaking the Dead is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaking the Dead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Waking the Dead's Tacoma Gallery
14,265,846,952,367,581,235 channels. Give or take a couple.

Take it from me. I know.

I dunno.

Bump for ya...
Old 05-09-2010, 12:02 AM   #3
sirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
sirsaechao's Tacoma Gallery
Looks to be dual 2 ohm load each woofer bridged = 4 ohm load. Prolly a mono amp at 4 ohm load at about 600 rms would work.
Old 05-09-2010, 12:15 AM   #4
Oh gravity, thou art a heartless bitch!
AvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
AvsFanTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waking the Dead View Post
14,265,846,952,367,581,235 channels. Give or take a couple.

Take it from me. I know.

I dunno.

Bump for ya...
He's actually pretty close. But with subs you can do a one channel amp and run the speaker wires to work for two subs or you can get a two channel amp with one channel for each sub or go with four channel amp and wire it down to two channels.

With subs, a mono class D (one channel) sub is built specificially for subs.
Old 05-09-2010, 04:34 AM   #5
DevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DevL's Tacoma Gallery
1 channel
Old 05-09-2010, 03:01 PM   #7
You're my boy blue
Blue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Dylan
Blue's Tacoma Gallery
something like this?
Old 05-10-2010, 08:13 AM   #8
sirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
sirsaechao's Tacoma Gallery
First off you should call and find out if those subs are set at 4 ohm or 1 ohm load since all they list it dual 2 ohm. I am almost postive they are wired at 4 ohm load but you never know. That amp bridged will run the subs if they are set at 4 ohm load. I never run Crunch but from what I can tell or heard...they are junk but if you are in a budget...post what that is and what you wanna accomplish so we can help you futher.
Old 05-10-2010, 03:06 PM   #9
polox40 is on a distinguished road
polox40's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...se+XA1200.html

good amp for the price
Old 05-11-2010, 10:38 AM   #10
jonistkrieg is on a distinguished road
Army: Squad Leader, 1-27 IN
Name: Jon
jonistkrieg's Tacoma Gallery
www.bcae1.com is a great website to start to understand how everything works