Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Mr Marv joining TW

Old 03-06-2007, 09:54 AM   #1
06tacoma is on a distinguished road

06tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Mr Marv joining TW

I just wanted to let everyone know i have been in contact with marv through via email and i have asked him to join the fourm. I know he has alot to offer to us such as sub boxes and his technical know how. I know the problems some of us have had with taco tunes so marv might just be our other solution
Old 03-06-2007, 12:10 PM   #2
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06tacoma View Post
I just wanted to let everyone know i have been in contact with marv through via email and i have asked him to join the fourm. I know he has alot to offer to us such as sub boxes and his technical know how. I know the problems some of us have had with taco tunes so marv might just be our other solution
Don't know who that is, but he sounds great! I hope that he joins up.
Old 03-06-2007, 04:32 PM   #3
it's all about me
Ldytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to behold

Ldytaco05's Tacoma Gallery
That's good i have some questions about installing headrest monitors. good to know
Old 03-06-2007, 04:50 PM   #4
06tacoma is on a distinguished road

06tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
i was looking into to getting some headrest monitors to how much did the run you
Old 03-06-2007, 07:55 PM   #5
it's all about me
Ldytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to behold

$574 8" touch screen even has 2 remotes slightly used from ebay.
Old 03-07-2007, 05:24 AM   #7
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
So (dumb question coming...), What does Mr. Marv do (besides impress TW Members )?
Old 03-07-2007, 11:58 AM   #9
Mr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marv
Mr Marv's Tacoma Gallery
Hello again guys and gals!
I hope this isn't considered spam and if so, moderators please delete it, I appologize in advance and will not post it again!

If I may I'd like to introduce myself again and give a bit more info. I'm an almost 50 former Toyota salesman turned custom cabinetmaker for the last 18 years or so and for the last 8 years I've been a car audio nut by choice! In my spare time (what's that?!) I build speaker cabinets/amp racks/baffles, install systems and offer my experience/advice/opinion whenever possible to help my fellow car audio fanatics get a great sounding system that suits there needs/desires. I have had the opportunity to listen to some fantastic sounding cars over the years and gained knowledge from some of the best in the industry by way of competitions as well as an annual BBQ I hold at my house. I am by no means a "guru" however I have competed in IASCA Sound Quality competitions (earned a couple of trophies ), have built enclosures/amp racks/baffles for several IASCA/USACi winning competitors and installed more systems than I can count. I am an experimenter by nature, I speak from experience as I have this habit of buying stuff just to try it out, I love trying things that some say can't possibly work just to see if I can make it work and I'm always trying to learn something new myself that I can pass on to my fellow enthusiasts.

We have had Toyotas in the family since the early 80's and my daughter is learning to drive now so we'll be adding another one soon (if I get my way it will be a double cab Tacoma). Although I believe Toyota makes some of the best cars on the planet, IMO the weakest link in every single one we have owned over the years is the stereo system-even the "upgraded" versions and specifically the speakers. After designing several enclosures/amp racks/baffles and installing several complete systems in the new Tacomas http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c258/MrMarv/? I have gained a bit of a following on a couple of other Toyota forums.
Since Tacomas have become a bit of a "specialty" for me I have had people drive as far as 350 miles to have me install their system and I'm happy to pass on any info I have gained from having torn several of them apart. One thing I have found is that they are pretty much "aftermarket car audio friendly" and I believe that with a little guidance just about anyone good with their hands and having a little patience can upgrade the audio/video system themselves.

Unfortunately I have been ill recently and am unable to spend as much time as I'd like on the forums/emails however I am almost always available by phone in the early evening for those that need a little extra help (as long as they are willing to pass the info along to the forum so others can benefit as well since I don't always have time to post it) . If you happen to be near Monterey California I also have a big driveway available and don't mind you using my tools to install stuff yourself (space/time permitting and you buy lunch :>)). Please note that I do tend to talk a LOT especially when it comes to car audio so you have fair warning if you decide to call me!

Almost forgot, my annual BBQ is coming up in June and if anyone in the area wants to come and represent the forum let me know so I can add you to the list. We have some competitor friends of mine from as far away as Florida coming this year as well as several demo cars from some top manufacturers. You'll have an opportunity to listen to some of the best sounding vehicles around, have your ride critiqued/tuned by some of the best, pick the brains of some EXTREMELY knowledgeable people, eat some really good BBQ (if I do say so myself!) and can participate in raffles for some really nice car audio gear!
Old 03-07-2007, 12:56 PM   #10
sak3358 is on a distinguished road

sak3358's Tacoma Gallery
Marv......"Your the Man" I will be touch base with you down the road regarding some questions I have regarding audio. Welcome to the group!
Old 03-07-2007, 02:37 PM   #11
it's all about me

marv can you adopt me? oh and did you have a chance to read my post about my audio? thanks
Old 03-08-2007, 08:30 AM   #12
Mr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Mr Marv's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sak3358 View Post
Marv......"Your the Man" I will be touch base with you down the road regarding some questions I have regarding audio. Welcome to the group!
Thanks for the welcome and just let me know how I can help you!
Old 03-08-2007, 09:35 AM   #13

Mr Marv's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ldytaco05 View Post
marv can you adopt me? oh and did you have a chance to read my post about my audio? thanks

Let's see-I'm the only male in the house 99.9% of the time (even the dog is a girl!), I have a daughter, god daughter and 3 nieces, I'm a surrogate father and grandpa (both to girls), we have "adopted" many of my daughters friends over the years (all girls), my mother-in-law comes on vacation with us every year, I have sat through more tea parties than I can remember, I have supervised (actually guarded) more slumber parties than I can remember, I've been at Walgreens in the middle of the night more times than I care to remember picking up certain feminine items and chocolate bars , I've comforted many crying girls after chasing away the soon to be crying boys that broke their hearts and somehow I havn't gone yet so what the heck-one more girl will be fine but it sure would be cool if you're not afraid to get your hands dirty or break a nail so you could help around the garage and in the yard once in a while (yes ALL of mine are "girlie girls"!)

Anyway, I will answer your post on the other thread.
Old 03-08-2007, 03:34 PM   #14
it's all about me

thanks marv you're the MAN!!!!!!!
Old 03-09-2007, 09:29 PM   #15
Mod Master
pb2themax is a jewel in the roughpb2themax is a jewel in the roughpb2themax is a jewel in the rough

pb2themax's Tacoma Gallery
Marv makes quality stuff. I've never heard a bad comment about him or the stuff he builds.
Old 03-11-2007, 07:38 PM   #16
it's all about me

so pb did you post the same photos in the other link you posted?
Old 03-11-2007, 07:40 PM   #17
it's all about me

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb2themax View Post
Marv makes quality stuff. I've never heard a bad comment about him or the stuff he builds.
i am liking those hub cap centers how much did it cost you?
Old 03-12-2007, 08:41 AM   #18

Mr Marv's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pb2themax View Post
Thanks PB! I just realized I never got back to you to order that stuff. As soon as I feel better and have time I'll figure out exactly what all I need.