Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

New to Taco's/ Stock Sub question

Old 05-25-2008, 04:57 PM   #1
hockeypoor will become famous soon enough
hockeypoor's Tacoma Gallery
New to Taco's/ Stock Sub question

Hey guys I need some help. I just bought a 06 doublecab and I keep reading all these posts about the stock sub. I have a 6 disk changer. Does that mean I have the sub? I am going to change the stock head unit soon and put in new speakers and a sub. Can someone please tell me where that stock sub is located and how I would know if I have it.
Old 05-25-2008, 05:05 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeypoor View Post
Hey guys I need some help. I just bought a 06 doublecab and I keep reading all these posts about the stock sub. I have a 6 disk changer. Does that mean I have the sub? I am going to change the stock head unit soon and put in new speakers and a sub. Can someone please tell me where that stock sub is located and how I would know if I have it.
If you have the "JBL" stereo, look behind the rear passenger seat. It will be there. If you dont have the "JBL" stereo, you get more storage space.
Old 05-25-2008, 05:10 PM   #3
hockeypoor will become famous soon enough
hockeypoor's Tacoma Gallery
I dont have anything behind the passenger seat. So does that mean that all 6 disk changers are not JBL?
Old 05-25-2008, 05:17 PM   #4
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeypoor View Post
I dont have anything behind the passenger seat. So does that mean that all 6 disk changers are not JBL?
No. There are 2 6 disk changers availible. The OEM and the JBL. If you just have some storage behind the rear passenger seat, then you probably dont have a subwoofer. Does you head unit say "JBL" in one of the corners of the unit?