Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

USA Spec Ipod Question

Old 05-27-2008, 06:38 AM   #1
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
USA Spec Ipod Question

I know a good bit about suspension, off roading, armor, and and engine mods. One thing I honestly don't have a good grip on is car audio. So forgive my newbness.

On Ebay I found the USA Spec PA10Toy unit. Which as you can guess is an older model of the current USA Spec PA whatever unit. It says the it works with any Taco previous to '04. So I can't use it with my my truck? Is the connection really different back there? I don't give two shits about using my head unit to control my ipod, all I want is toplut my ipod in and have good quality sound. I like to control my ipod on my ipod.

So would the PA10 work?

Link to item
Old 05-27-2008, 11:40 AM   #2
I'd rather be in Jamaica...
TacoinSC is on a distinguished road
TacoinSC's Tacoma Gallery
I would be inclined to think it would. The current model USA SPec offers is the PA15Toy (which displays artist and song name on your factory head unit) says it works on radios from 1998-2008.

Here's a link to find out for sure.

http://www.usaspec.com/contact.html
Old 05-27-2008, 11:45 AM   #3
tossed salad anyone?
jasonh is just really nicejasonh is just really nicejasonh is just really nicejasonh is just really nicejasonh is just really nice

jasonh's Tacoma Gallery
i have the pa10 and it works perfect. i said i didnt give a shit about controling my ipod from the head unit either but now i want the pa15 lol dont waste your money. get the better one
Old 05-27-2008, 06:32 PM   #4
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
The unit I'm looking at is just under $10 shipped. Thats why I'm so interested.