1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What is the best speakers to get with minimal customizing?

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by ChaseUA, May 29, 2010.

1. May 29, 2010 at 10:26 PM
    ChaseUA

ChaseUA [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chase
    Bama
    Vehicle:
    Present: 2016 White TRD Sport DC Past: 2010 MGM TRD Sport AC 4x4
    I am looking to replace the front speakers in my 2010 AC, however I am wanting to power them from my AVIC-Z110BT HU, I am not looking to purchase an amp and just want something for good sound quality.

I am wanting something that can be a simple plug and play (I know that wiring adapters and speaker brackets will likely be needed).

Should I be looking at 6 1/2" or what?

I am definitely not an audiophile but do want an upgrade over the factory speakers. I am not familiar with component systems, but are they easily installed (IE, can you easily replace the factory tweeters with ones from a component setup)?

Looking for any advice on brands/model #'s, as well as installation/setup ideas. Remember, the simpler the better.

Thanks in advance.

2. May 30, 2010 at 2:26 PM
    MSL77385

MSL77385 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Conroe, TX
    Vehicle:
    08 Prerunner SR5 4cyl 5sp
    Polk Audio db6501 6 1/2" component system.

3. May 30, 2010 at 2:27 PM
    sooner07

sooner07 1/2 man 1/2 amazing

Member:
    First Name:
    A A Ron
    DFW, Texas
    Vehicle:
    Debadged 2008 Rugged Trail
    Toytec ultimate lift kit, light racing UCAs, ARB bumper and full skid plates underneath. Looking into redoing the suspension and maybe repainting the ol' Taco.
    Componets are certainly the way to go. It is pretty simple, as far as installation goes. I'd look at Infinity, Pioneer, or JL. But, I'd recommend listening to some setups and find some speakers that you like in person. 6 1/2" componets are the simplest route for speakers, and MrMarv makes some good baffles that will allow you to mount pretty much what ever you decide on.

When looking for speakers, since you are planning on running it off of HU power, look for something with a fairly high sensitivity. Something above 90db should be where you want to be.

Products Discussed in

To Top