Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Stock Amplifier

Old 06-01-2010, 06:43 PM   #1
rentbw is a splendid one to beholdrentbw is a splendid one to beholdrentbw is a splendid one to beholdrentbw is a splendid one to beholdrentbw is a splendid one to beholdrentbw is a splendid one to beholdrentbw is a splendid one to behold

Army: 13B
Name: Brent
rentbw's Tacoma Gallery
Stock Amplifier

I have an 09 Tacoma With a Factory Amplifier in the back, you know the one it looks like an ugly space ship, I bought a new headunit sterio, Where is the wires I need to splice to make the amp work and is there a harness kit available for the amp? thanks.
Old 06-01-2010, 07:46 PM   #2
juiced taco is on a distinguished road
Name: jordan
juiced taco's Tacoma Gallery
well i just went through this. if you have the JBL audio system in your taco like a did then you will need a harness to install your new head unit. here is what you need... http://www.crutchfield.com/p_127TATO...&ssi=0&tp=3486
Old 06-01-2010, 09:32 PM   #3
sagebum is on a distinguished road
Name: James
sagebum's Tacoma Gallery
Don't mean to threadjack or anything but I'm about to do an install of amps/sub/front speakers in about 2 weeks and will be removing my PAC TATO if you're interested in taking it off my hands for 50 shipped. I've had it installed for about 5 months, (since January). If not, I'll just do a b/s/t thread .
Old 06-02-2010, 06:30 AM   #4
rentbw is a splendid one to beholdrentbw is a splendid one to beholdrentbw is a splendid one to beholdrentbw is a splendid one to beholdrentbw is a splendid one to beholdrentbw is a splendid one to beholdrentbw is a splendid one to behold

rentbw's Tacoma Gallery
No JBL just the stock amp
Old 06-02-2010, 07:40 AM   #5
Sounds Gooooood
ItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
ItalynStylion's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rentbw View Post
No JBL just the stock amp
Can you post pictures? There isn't a stock amplifier in the back of the truck that I know of. I can say this because I stripped the entire car down to bare metal.
Old 06-02-2010, 11:19 AM   #6

rentbw's Tacoma Gallery
Not stock but Factory I guess, it says no where that it is JBL it should be labeled on the speakers/Front of the old sterio correct?
Old 06-02-2010, 11:22 AM   #7
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Should be labeled. Where in the back are you finding it?
Old 06-02-2010, 12:54 PM   #8
Sounds Gooooood
ItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shed

How about you snap a picture of this thing.
Old 06-02-2010, 05:05 PM   #10

rentbw's Tacoma Gallery
k After looking through some stuff it may be aftermarket install sorry fella's
Old 06-02-2010, 08:37 PM   #11
Sounds Gooooood

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentbw View Post
k After looking through some stuff it may be aftermarket install sorry fella's
Score. Sub amp or what? Get us a model number and specs and maybe we can throw something on it and get some better sound for you.