Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Aftermarket 6x9 Front Door Speaker Search...HELP!

Old 06-01-2008, 08:34 PM   #1
bfriatc is on a distinguished road
bfriatc's Tacoma Gallery
Question Aftermarket 6x9 Front Door Speaker Search...HELP!

During the process of installing an aftermarket stereo, I wanted to naturally install aftermarket 6x9's in the front doors. BUT, Toyota decided to be stupid and make the depth in the door way to shallow for any aftermarket 6x9 speaker to fit. So I'm still stuck with the factory cardboard POS ones.

Has anyone found an aftermarker 6x9 to fit the front doors of an 05 PreRunner Access Cab? (Or any model for 05-08)

Thanks!
Old 06-01-2008, 09:04 PM   #2
toycoma671 is on a distinguished road

Navy: COMM SOL Managment
toycoma671's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfriatc View Post
During the process of installing an aftermarket stereo, I wanted to naturally install aftermarket 6x9's in the front doors. BUT, Toyota decided to be stupid and make the depth in the door way to shallow for any aftermarket 6x9 speaker to fit. So I'm still stuck with the factory cardboard POS ones.

Has anyone found an aftermarker 6x9 to fit the front doors of an 05 PreRunner Access Cab? (Or any model for 05-08)

Thanks!
Yeah, I put some Polk 6x9 in my front door with the tacotunes harness. Them seem to work just fine. Although everyone told me they wouldn't fit! I saw them on tacotunes.com and went with it!! hope everything works out for you!
Old 06-01-2008, 09:38 PM   #3
Cooked Goose is on a distinguished road
Cooked Goose's Tacoma Gallery
I have a set of Pioneer TS-A6972R up front. They still sound much better than stock but if you're trying to go high end then these aren't the ones for you. I wasn't trying to shatter windows or make everyone else feel my bass but like I said, they are a vast improvement over the factory set.
Old 06-01-2008, 09:42 PM   #4
Ask for forgiveness than permission
ShorelineFab will become famous soon enoughShorelineFab will become famous soon enough

ShorelineFab's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooked Goose View Post
I have a set of Pioneer TS-A6972R up front. They still sound much better than stock but if you're trying to go high end then these aren't the ones for you. I wasn't trying to shatter windows or make everyone else feel my bass but like I said, they are a vast improvement over the factory set.
are you using spacers for those?
Old 06-01-2008, 10:24 PM   #5
Cooked Goose is on a distinguished road
Cooked Goose's Tacoma Gallery
I used the TacoTunes mounting kits for the front and rear.
Old 06-01-2008, 10:43 PM   #6
Bourbon
EquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Casey
EquinsuOcha's Tacoma Gallery
http://tacotunes.com/products/tacoma_access_prod.htm

Or contact Mr Marv to have some made. Either way will work.
Old 06-02-2008, 07:35 AM   #7
bfriatc is on a distinguished road
bfriatc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by toycoma671 View Post
Yeah, I put some Polk 6x9 in my front door with the tacotunes harness. Them seem to work just fine. Although everyone told me they wouldn't fit! I saw them on tacotunes.com and went with it!! hope everything works out for you!
Let me just make sure I understand...the spacers will give you the extra inch to give you the extra top mount depth necessary to install the aftermarket speaker? And this won't interfere with the door panel? Thanks!
Old 06-02-2008, 07:58 AM   #8
My other ride has sails
Roland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Combat Arms Instructor, HQ Detachment, RING
Roland's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfriatc View Post
Let me just make sure I understand...the spacers will give you the extra inch to give you the extra top mount depth necessary to install the aftermarket speaker? And this won't interfere with the door panel? Thanks!
That's correct. Tacotunes.com has spacers, mounts and hardware specificly designed to fit our Tacomas. They're not cheap but people who have bought from them seem happy with the results.
Old 06-08-2008, 05:16 PM   #9
MTOYOTAOWNR is on a distinguished road
MTOYOTAOWNR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roland View Post
That's correct. Tacotunes.com has spacers, mounts and hardware specificly designed to fit our Tacomas. They're not cheap but people who have bought from them seem happy with the results.
Definitely worth every penny!!