Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

HELP which head unit for what i need?

Old 06-13-2010, 08:11 PM   #1
Thread Jacker
schiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Caleb
schiz94's Tacoma Gallery
HELP which head unit for what i need?

OK FINAL verdict. what head unit should i get between alpine and pioneer brands? i want ipod controls. i want an aux for my droid, and it needs to work with iphone 4. i wanna be able to add speakers and subs and stuff like that later. what should i get off crutchfield for around 200?
Old 06-13-2010, 08:55 PM   #4
Prez of @battleborntacomas and ASSHOLE!
MOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Daniel
MOT's Tacoma Gallery
Me myslef i hate pioneer! Alpine or sont buddy! just get something with a ipod and usb port!
Old 06-13-2010, 08:56 PM   #5
Thread Jacker
schiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

schiz94's Tacoma Gallery
why do you hate pioneer?
Old 06-13-2010, 09:02 PM   #6
MOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MOT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by schiz94 View Post
why do you hate pioneer?

Dont like the look of the head unit and i feel the sound is just not as good! Plus i like the colors that sony is using and they have better controls! also most of the new sony stuff comes with bluetooth that eather has a mic that you can mount by you in the a piller or one in the head unit and the talking plays in the truck speacker cool shit! and its clear as hell!
Old 06-13-2010, 09:25 PM   #7
Thread Jacker

schiz94's Tacoma Gallery
yeah i think i might go with a sony xplod bluetooth. i didnt know you could play music and stuff over bluetooth. it works with android
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRYu9uC7cMM
Old 06-13-2010, 09:29 PM   #8

MOT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
yeah i think i might go with a sony xplod bluetooth. i didnt know you could play music and stuff over bluetooth. it works with android
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRYu9uC7cMM

Ya but get the upgrade! he got the cheap one get the unit with the better display and the flash drive on the front! You should keep your droid!
Old 06-13-2010, 09:37 PM   #9
Thread Jacker

schiz94's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murdered_Out_Taco View Post
Ya but get the upgrade! he got the cheap one get the unit with the better display and the flash drive on the front! You should keep your droid!
pay 140 bucks more so that i can see my contacts. i think not haha. i will stick with the lower end bluetooth one.
Old 06-13-2010, 09:38 PM   #10

MOT's Tacoma Gallery
Dude that guy was playing some gay ass music! O and he looks like his neck is eating his head haha~
Old 06-13-2010, 09:46 PM   #12

MOT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Nice but there is a better one out there! Just keep looking if you have a frys in your town go there that is where i found the one i will be getting soon for like 220~
Old 06-13-2010, 09:47 PM   #13
Thread Jacker

schiz94's Tacoma Gallery
dude. i fucking live in the pac nw.i know frys is hellla the shit but there arent any near where i live
Old 06-13-2010, 09:48 PM   #14
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
I'm not a huge fan of Sony's HUs, but that looks like a pretty good unit. I just like the control schemes of Alpine/Pineer/Kenwood better... That one we were talking about or even that one if you REALLY need to play music through your bluetooth I thought that's what we buy ipods for?
Old 06-13-2010, 09:50 PM   #15
Thread Jacker

schiz94's Tacoma Gallery
haha but it would be nicer to be able to expand. plus i remembered my dad had an old sony in his old civic. and the cd player lasted longer than the car did
Old 06-13-2010, 09:56 PM   #16

MOT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
haha but it would be nicer to be able to expand. plus i remembered my dad had an old sony in his old civic. and the cd player lasted longer than the car did

I know alot of people with sony and it is just as good as alpine but you dont have to pay so dam much for just the name! My girl had a sony in her last car and that shit was lound made the stock speaker sound so much better!
Old 06-13-2010, 11:57 PM   #17
Viet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Viet
Viet2100's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Viet2100
I'm sorry, but from personal experience, all of Sony's products are garbage except for their Trinitron T.V.s, 3CCD cameras, and SOME of their laptops.

I've personally had a Sony head unit. It was the first one I ever got. Moving over to Alpine and Pioneer was a smart move. The controls and menu systems are much easier in the Alpines and Pioneers. If you are going to be using your Android phone, 90% of head units now come with a 3.5mm jack either on the front or rear. I am not going to be 100% sure with the iPhone OS 4 though. It should work as of now. Bluetooth audio streaming currently sucks and is not much better than listening to your MP3 player through an FM transmitter.

Spend $209 on an Alpine and you will be happy.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Alpine+-...=1218060486350
Old 06-14-2010, 12:04 AM   #18

MOT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viet2100 View Post
I'm sorry, but from personal experience, all of Sony's products are garbage except for their Trinitron T.V.s, 3CCD cameras, and SOME of their laptops.

I've personally had a Sony head unit. It was the first one I ever got. Moving over to Alpine and Pioneer was a smart move. The controls and menu systems are much easier in the Alpines and Pioneers. If you are going to be using your Android phone, 90% of head units now come with a 3.5mm jack either on the front or rear. I am not going to be 100% sure with the iPhone OS 4 though. It should work as of now. Bluetooth audio streaming currently sucks and is not much better than listening to your MP3 player through an FM transmitter.

Spend $209 on an Alpine and you will be happy.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Alpine+-...=1218060486350

Link fail i like alpine to but i have not seen them for that price!
Old 06-14-2010, 12:32 AM   #19
allenwoo1 is on a distinguished road

allenwoo1's Tacoma Gallery
i love how easy the alpines are to operate. everything is right there for you, with the alpines you have to do searching for what you need
Old 06-14-2010, 12:34 AM   #20
Thread Jacker

schiz94's Tacoma Gallery
ok now im thinking screw bluetooth and get an alpine cda 105 and call it a day. looks simple. has both features. and i can get it on crutchfield