1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Forthoe that have sound deadend their doors...

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by DevL, Jun 21, 2010.

1. Jun 21, 2010 at 6:17 AM
    DevL

DevL [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    I see a lot of people hae removed the vapor barrier when sound deadening their doors and covered all holes with peel and stick deadener or covered with aluminum and deadened over it.

Has anyone had to get inside the door after this for something like replacing a window or window motor, and if so, what was necessary to get the work done and redeaden the door? I want to deaden propperly and get the most out of my door components, but I also dont want to make future service and redeadening any more difficult or expensive than it has to be.

What do you guys suggest?

2. Jun 21, 2010 at 7:46 AM
    sirsaechao

sirsaechao Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    CA
    Vehicle:
    2002 Toyota Tacoma SR5 TRD 3.4L 4X4 V6
    A lift, some wheels, some tires, some performance, some cosmetic and then audio.
    I just recently had to tighten down my door handles cause the bolts came loose. I have Dynamat all over the door. I thought it would be a days chore to remove that but I peeled it back and tighten up the screws and reapply it back with a roller and a blow dryer and it stuck fine.

Products Discussed in

To Top