Originally Posted by GSteve
New to Forum. Installed DICE ipod adapter, but now want install 920BT and have a few questions:
1. part #/mfg for adapter cable to mate unit w/factory harness?
2. If I add the Bluetooth steering wheel control (#84244-35030-B0) and cable (#84204-58010) to audio controls, will it work with this unit via adapter cable?
3. Can I replace mirror w/mirror that has mic - i.e. does the factory harness in the 2010 have the mic wires and will it work with this unit via adapter cable?
4. Can I use the pre-installed satellite antenna and is it located behind the radio in the dash? Plugs into unit?
5. Can I get the back-up camera to display on this unit (and how)?
Hey Steve! Welcome to the forum! Why don't you head over to the "New Members" forum and introduce yourself.
Now to answer your questions:
2. Yes you will need the PAC-SWI-PS adapter
. The install for this can be found here
3. I don't believe you can use the stock mic. I would do what epa4wd did here
to have the most stock look (also check here
for more detailed pictures of what he did). Also you could run it through the headliner and attach it to the lip of the headliner above the mirror.
4. Yes you can, but you must purchase a $70 connector and run it to the antenna lead. A more detailed DIY can be found here
. The connector cable is mentioned there also.
5. Here is the back-up camera location
. Just do this and run it to the port on the back of the 920.
A couple weeks ago I was planning on buying a 920bt, but the money just isn't there now. It seems to be a great product, and here is a thread
which has most things you need to know about where stuff is at for the install. Let me know if you have any questions. Good Luck!