Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Pioneer AVIC 920bt Install Questions

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-21-2010, 06:22 PM   #1
GSteve is on a distinguished road
GSteve's Tacoma Gallery
Pioneer AVIC 920bt Install Questions

New to Forum. Installed DICE ipod adapter, but now want install 920BT and have a few questions:

1. part #/mfg for adapter cable to mate unit w/factory harness?
2. If I add the Bluetooth steering wheel control (#84244-35030-B0) and cable (#84204-58010) to audio controls, will it work with this unit via adapter cable?
3. Can I replace mirror w/mirror that has mic - i.e. does the factory harness in the 2010 have the mic wires and will it work with this unit via adapter cable?
4. Can I use the pre-installed satellite antenna and is it located behind the radio in the dash? Plugs into unit?
5. Can I get the back-up camera to display on this unit (and how)?

thanks,

Steve
Old 06-21-2010, 06:30 PM   #2
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
With that many questions I might take it to a professional. I'm sure someone will chime in.
Old 06-21-2010, 06:32 PM   #3
Rand Paul 2016
Chad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Chad's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSteve View Post
New to Forum. Installed DICE ipod adapter, but now want install 920BT and have a few questions:

1. part #/mfg for adapter cable to mate unit w/factory harness?
2. If I add the Bluetooth steering wheel control (#84244-35030-B0) and cable (#84204-58010) to audio controls, will it work with this unit via adapter cable?
3. Can I replace mirror w/mirror that has mic - i.e. does the factory harness in the 2010 have the mic wires and will it work with this unit via adapter cable?
4. Can I use the pre-installed satellite antenna and is it located behind the radio in the dash? Plugs into unit?
5. Can I get the back-up camera to display on this unit (and how)?

thanks,

Steve
Hey Steve! Welcome to the forum! Why don't you head over to the "New Members" forum and introduce yourself.

Now to answer your questions:

1. http://www.amazon.com/SCOSCHE-TA02B-...7169838&sr=8-1

2. Yes you will need the PAC-SWI-PS adapter. The install for this can be found here.

3. I don't believe you can use the stock mic. I would do what epa4wd did here to have the most stock look (also check here for more detailed pictures of what he did). Also you could run it through the headliner and attach it to the lip of the headliner above the mirror.

4. Yes you can, but you must purchase a $70 connector and run it to the antenna lead. A more detailed DIY can be found here. The connector cable is mentioned there also.

5. Here is the back-up camera location. Just do this and run it to the port on the back of the 920.

A couple weeks ago I was planning on buying a 920bt, but the money just isn't there now. It seems to be a great product, and here is a thread which has most things you need to know about where stuff is at for the install. Let me know if you have any questions. Good Luck!
Old 06-26-2010, 07:31 AM   #4
GSteve is on a distinguished road
GSteve's Tacoma Gallery
Need 2010 Audio Wiring Diagram

Where can I find the wiring diagram for the 2010 audio system. I have the 6-disc changer, 6 speakers and the subwoofer (non-JBL). From reading other posts it appears there is an an amp in the system. I need the pinout on the connectors, etc. to I can install the 920BT. Still waiting on a few parts, but getting ready.

Thanks,

Steve
Old 08-18-2010, 03:06 PM   #5
gcancilla is on a distinguished road
gcancilla's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 2010 Double Cab with Factory XM and JBL. I am replacing the head unit with a Pioneer z120bt with the 920XM tuner box. Do I still need the SFA12M to use the factory XM antenna or with the current wire from the factory installed XM tuner work?
Old 08-18-2010, 04:03 PM   #6
Rand Paul 2016
Chad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Chad's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcancilla View Post
I have a 2010 Double Cab with Factory XM and JBL. I am replacing the head unit with a Pioneer z120bt with the 920XM tuner box. Do I still need the SFA12M to use the factory XM antenna or with the current wire from the factory installed XM tuner work?
Eh, I'm guessing you would still need to SFA12M, but I'm not 100% certain. does the stock antenna going into the stock headunit have the plug similar to the SFA12M or is it in one of those multiple wire plug things?
Old 08-19-2010, 06:21 AM   #7
gcancilla is on a distinguished road
gcancilla's Tacoma Gallery
I figured as much. I have not pulled the unit yet to see what the connections look like.

Products Discussed in this Thread