1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

double din touchscreen install questions.

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Scarab21, Jun 25, 2010.

1. Jun 25, 2010 at 6:48 AM
    Scarab21

Scarab21 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Tint, tinted tails + 3rd brake light, shaved tailgate, painted calipers. TSB Leafs+ AAL, PA/CB, 5100 Bilsteins set @ 2.5 up front. Satoshi line-x'd grill.
    i currently have the 2009 JBL Stock headunit with bluetooth and backup camera and all, and i want a double din touchscreen with nav and bluetooth.. i have a couple questions: ( any suggestions on products or anything would help guys)

1: how do i get the steering wheel controls to work (even the bluetooth?)
    2: can i use my stock bluetooth mic and steering wheel buttons to control this?
    3: i already have the XM radio antannea, can i use that antannae for the NAV?
    4: can i get the backup camera to work with the screen so i have a large display?

5: anything else feel free to ask/ suggest.. (please dont input unless its valuable information)

in case some of you have "suggestions" on a head unit... im looking for a touchscreen double din. I would LIKE one with a radial volume control on the unit, if not not a big deal.

2. Jun 25, 2010 at 7:42 AM
    Scarab21

Scarab21 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Tint, tinted tails + 3rd brake light, shaved tailgate, painted calipers. TSB Leafs+ AAL, PA/CB, 5100 Bilsteins set @ 2.5 up front. Satoshi line-x'd grill.
  3. Jun 25, 2010 at 12:40 PM
    bookmonke

bookmonke Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Jacksonville, FL
    Vehicle:
    2008 DC PreRunner Rugged Trail
    Well you will need a JBL interface box to use all existing speakers to work with a new headunit. Steering wheel control will work with another interface box, go check out PAC audio for suggested boxes and then head over to ebay with model numbers.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  4. Jun 25, 2010 at 12:43 PM
    MyToyTaco

MyToyTaco ╒╪╕

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    wenatchee, wa
    Vehicle:
    09 DCLB 4x4
    I'm pretty sure you won't be able to use the same antenna. They have different plugs in the back of the head unit. My pioneer does anyway. Not sure about your other questions.

5. Jun 25, 2010 at 8:57 PM
    DevL

DevL Well-Known Member

Member:
    1. PAC
    2. Yes
    3. No
    4. Yes, but...
    5. Just buy a new camera for the Nav unit that is higher res and not distorted (not wide angle) and have 2 screens to look at with different perspectives. You can mount at rear of roof facing toward tailgate.

6. Aug 9, 2010 at 9:59 AM
    DevL

DevL Well-Known Member

Member:
    Just wanted to reitterate for #3 you can use your antenna for satalite radio but need a new controler box and adaptor cable. Its not a NAV antenna though.

Products Discussed in

To Top