Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

JBL Head Unit, can I upgrade w/out replacing?

Old 06-25-2010, 07:25 PM   #1
Addicted to my DSLR
madisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shedmadisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shedmadisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shedmadisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shedmadisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shedmadisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shedmadisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shedmadisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shedmadisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shedmadisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shedmadisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Patrol Officer
madisonsfinest's Tacoma Gallery
JBL Head Unit, can I upgrade w/out replacing?

OK, so I have the JBL Headunit with 6 discs, bluetooth, xm, and rear camera. You have to turn this thing up quite a bit to get any decent sound, and it sounds like its straining to produce any quality sound. I'm thinking a more powerful amp would help this set up. I believe it has a built in amp already, is it possible to add another amp?

I've looked at replacing the head unit, but all of the harnesses, bluetooth, & camera would cost more than I want to pay. I'm fine with the stock bluetooth, and back up camera.

Any help is appreciated!
Old 06-25-2010, 07:43 PM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
The camera is not part of the stereo. Most head units now have bluetooth built into them. Yes you can add aftermarket amps to the stock stereo but it will be somewhat difficult. The JBL system uses one amp to power all the speakers. You would have to get an amp for speakers and drop the sub or add an aftermarket amp with an aftermerket sub.
Old 06-26-2010, 07:43 AM   #3
Addicted to my DSLR
madisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shedmadisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shedmadisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shedmadisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shedmadisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shedmadisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shedmadisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shedmadisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shedmadisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shedmadisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shedmadisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I added the camera because I would not be able to use the stock one with a new head unit, right? I have an Alpine amp sitting around so that shouldn't be a big deal. So how would I bypass the stock amp? Sorry I don't know much about car audio.
Old 06-27-2010, 10:22 AM   #4
Addicted to my DSLR

bump