1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Few Audio questions i've wondered....

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Lunercrab, Jul 6, 2010.

1. Jul 6, 2010 at 4:02 PM
    Lunercrab

Lunercrab [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Beth
    Lehigh Valley area, PA
    Vehicle:
    2019 off road cement
    ok so there are a few questions i've always been curious about so i figured i'd ask finally :)
    first off here is the head unit i have install in my 2010: Kenwood DDX712
    http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Produ...13DDX712&tp=75

1. Ok so i have one of those portable sirius receivers that i can move from vehicle to vehicle...long story short i bought this before all that fcc fm transmitter limits, so i'm going to have to hook it up via aux...now is there a way to make the factory aux port work with the new hu? it's not a big deal because i have a ipod adapter that i can plug it into if i can't

2. This is one pretaining to the factory fin antenna...i read that i can splice one of my old sirius antennas to the factory adapter...is there a write up on how to do this out there? i'm guessing i just cut off the magnetic antenna and splice that into the adapter right? oh and dumb question u can't use the satalite fin antenna as a regular fm radio antenna right? i was always curious about that since i took my factory antenna off due to my car cover...i wasn't sure if something like that was even possible

3. is it possible to make the factory tailgate camera work so that it shows up on my kenwood hu as well? wasn't sure if that can even be done...

hmmm i think thats it for now...thanks guys...

2. Jul 6, 2010 at 5:57 PM
    dolbytone

dolbytone Well-Known Member

Member:
    South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off Road
    I know one answer off hand because I've done it.

The satellite radio antenna connection does not require splicing. You simply need an adapter cable to run between the factory antenna jack located in the driver side kick panel, and your satellite tuner.

You need the SFA12M located here: Vaistech.

BPachom on this forum provided this: Factory Connector Location

I would be interested in the answer to your Aux jack question, I'm sure it is a matter of simply repurposing the jack, even if you do not use the harness that connects to it. I haven't bothered to pull it out of the hole and look though.

Connecting the factory camera to your head unit I'm sure would require splicing, but I do not know first hand what wires you would use, or what else you need to consider, such as the effects of splitting the video signal between two displays. Honestly I think it is better to be looking at your rear view mirror than your dash board when in reverse. I would be more inclined to connect a separate camera on the front or higher up on the back and use that for the head unit display.

3. Jul 6, 2010 at 6:44 PM
    Lunercrab

Lunercrab [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Beth
    Lehigh Valley area, PA
    Vehicle:
    2019 off road cement
    Yeah I saw those adapters. Right bow money is a slight issue. Since I had a few spare antennas laying around I figured I could splice it :)

Products Discussed in

To Top