1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

axxess steering wheel control interface

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by auburn taco, Aug 15, 2010.

1. Aug 15, 2010 at 3:40 PM
    auburn taco

auburn taco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    kevin
    Athens GA area
    Vehicle:
    2021 SR5 Tacoma
    Homelink Mirror, mud flaps and interior LEDs. so far
    I just installed the axxess swc interface into my 2010 tacoma DC. No programming needed after the install, it simply reads the head unit and vehicle, and you are done. Works as advertised, instant sound increase/decrease. I have this hooked up to a pioneer 3200dvd. 5 wires to connect, 3 to the steering wheel harness, a power and a ground. They provide good directions. I believe you can manually program if you want to change from oem config.. quiet happy with this.

2. Aug 15, 2010 at 5:53 PM
    sdheda

sdheda Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sherj
    HB, Ca
    Vehicle:
    '10 TRD OR 4x4 DC
    In progress :/
    i am also happy with it, but it didn't map some of my buttons exactly correct.

volume up - works perfect
    volume down - works perfect
    up - seek up / next track
    down - seek down / previous track
    mode - works perfect
    on hook - preset up
    off hook - preset down

voice recognition - works perfect

I have left it as is, because I want to have these functions, and I don't receive that many calls anyway.

This is with a Pioneer AVIC-X920BT

3. Aug 16, 2010 at 4:04 PM
    taco084gb

taco084gb No matter where you go there you are.

Member:
    First Name:
    Galen
    NorCal
    Thanx for posting this info. I have been reading alot of posts on how people hate the hesitation of the PAC steering wheel module. I have this one but just ordered the axxess one from Amazon for $42 and free shipping.
    Luckily I have not installed the PAC module yet.

Thanx
    Galen

4. Aug 16, 2010 at 4:08 PM
    rhodehard09

rhodehard09 sometimes nonsense is the only sense someone has

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    tampa, fl
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off Road 4x4 doublecab
    3" lift, allpro u-bolt flip kit,285/75/16 km2s, hella hid lights, hid conversions for headlights and foglights, led everything, debadged, 9145 reverse light bulbs, black tail lights, black headlight mod,trail-gear rock sliders, dynomax ultra flo muffler,satoshi with custom woven stainless grill,hella 100watt floods in grill, pioneer 4100 in dash dvd player, pioneer 800watt 4 channel amp, pioneer 4way 6x9s, pioneer 4 way 6.5s, 2 rockford p3 10's,rockford power 500.1 mono amp w/bass knob, 7 pin relocated, highlift and mount in bed, diff breather mod, led bed lights, secondary air filter removed,t-rex eyelids, mefab bumper bar, muddy under carriage
    it would have been nice to know about this before i bought mine....
    took me like 20 times to get the program right.

5. Aug 16, 2010 at 4:12 PM
    taco084gb

taco084gb No matter where you go there you are.

Member:
    First Name:
    Galen
    NorCal
    HAHA thats what I have been reading and all my stuff is still in boxes next to chair since end of July. Been waiting to install cause of all the negative on the PAC module but didnt want to install till some one figured out a better way. SO now there is and I can send the PAC module back.

6. Aug 17, 2011 at 4:47 PM
    amoomaw

amoomaw Senior Member

Member:
    First Name:
    moomaw
    central illinois
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Sport Black
    pioneer 4300dvd, subwoofer, axxes steering wheel controls, remote start, painted rims, stereo usb/ipod converter, tinted fog and tail lights, low profile window shades, tinted windows, low profile bed top, custom grillcraft grill, blacked out headlights+tint film, night shaded driving lights mounted under hood, night shaded 3rd brakelight, film tinted tail lights, aftermarket pop'n'lock tail gait lock, light switch added for off-road lights, headlight "eyebrows", remote start, hardwired radar detector, seat belt chime disabled, disabled drl, painted interior, custom leather seat covers.
    Hey guys, I just got my axxess steering wheel control stuff today in the mail. I've hooked up the red pos. to the remote wire/ black to the ground/ green w/orange to the 7pin, and black w/green to the 8 pin in the existing remote control 12pin of my truck(2011 tacoma). I'm running it to a pioneer 4300dvd using the 3.5mm jack into the correct port on the back of the stereo. All I'm getting is a red light for about 2-3seconds on the intereface mod. and then it goes out. Nothing else after that, and the controls don't work. Also, I have a second hole that looks to be the resest button, but their is no button? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

7. Aug 18, 2011 at 7:34 AM
    Yota Toy

Yota Toy Taco Sauce

Member:
    FX retros, Blazer fog-light retro, JVC KW-NT30HD head unit, Pioneer 6X9's in front doors, Pioneer 6.5's in rear doors, two Pioneer 12" subs in sealed boxes, Sony X-Plod amp, Hidden Hitch trailer hitch, EGR window visors, two PIAA low-tone horns, Westin light bar with two 100-watt KC low profile driving lights.
    I also installed the ASWC when I installed my JVC KW30HD, it worked perfectly the first try. It is fast and was simple to install thanks to the many write-ups here on this forum

amoomaw: If I am not mistaken you also have to ground one of the wires on the factory harness, I believe a white/red wire. I will see if I can find the thread that detailed this.

Found it: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/au...-steering-wheel-controller-2.html#post3108771

Products Discussed in

To Top