1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

XM Radio with factory radio?

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by mullinm, Sep 29, 2010.

1. Sep 29, 2010 at 5:36 PM
    mullinm

mullinm [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    mike
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD Sport
    Ok. I guess I'm the rookie here. I just had my XM rcvr installed in my 2010 Tacoma, and I am a bit stuck. First, I never rcv'd any formal paperwork, and need the serial# to activate and/or sign-up. The dealer said I can access that via the radio interface? How? Second, the local dealer told me different stories where/how they would install it. Now I can't find it? It went from installing under the rear seat, to under the dash, to back under the seat again. Now I can't find it anywhere? I called them, and apparently the tech that installs them is not there regularly, and they asked me to drive over there to help me find it?

2. Sep 30, 2010 at 10:48 PM
    dolbytone

dolbytone Well-Known Member

Member:
    South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off Road
    Your receiver will show the number you need on its display if you tune to the right XM channel (no service is necessary for this). I don't know the channel number off hand since I use Sirius, it might be channel 1. If you can't figure it out, a call to their customer service line will get you an answer.

3. Oct 11, 2010 at 2:17 PM
    FDSender

FDSender Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    Baltimore, MD
    Vehicle:
    10 Tacoma Reg Cab 4X4
    Hello, new to Tacoma, and this site. Hope you can help!!! Bought a '10 Tacoma in April w/ the factory satellite ready single CD stereo (It has the AM/SAT button). Ready to go postal on Best Buy 'cause I get different answers from different stores, techs, etc. on what I actually need. I do not have the XM receiver as yet. I have purchased what they call a fit kit to go from the stereo to the receiver...I guess...It's pretty much a wire assembly with plugs on each end. Do I need anything else??? I want to keep the factory stereo because it sounds good and I'm not looking to go all techno on it. I also don't want another device hanging off my windshield! PLEASE HELP!!! Thanks a bunch!

Products Discussed in

To Top