1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Sub Sound clip anyone?

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by flyby08, Aug 27, 2008.

1. Aug 27, 2008 at 6:46 PM
    flyby08

flyby08 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    san francisco
    Vehicle:
    2008 TRD sport 4x4 short bed
    TRD Catback exhaust, Topdeck tonnaeu cover, locking gas cap, all weather floor mats, Pop-n-lock tailgate, painted black rims, volant CAI with RAM air scoop, 10" MTX thunder sub with 2ch amp, Alpine SPS-609 and 600, Pioneer AVHP-3200BT HU
    Sup everybody, I have been looking around and I can't find any. Does anyone have any sound clips of the some 10in sub woofers that fit behind the storage area in the back seat of the double cabs?
    thanks in advance

2. Aug 27, 2008 at 11:24 PM
    Mr Marv

Mr Marv 1-831-383-0308 7am-10pm pst Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Marv
    Monterey Bay California
    Vehicle:
    Custom Built Enclosures/speaker adapters etc
    Not sure how listening to these on the computer will help you but in any case there's a bunch of clips here. :D

http://www.realmofexcursion.com/

3. Aug 27, 2008 at 11:27 PM
    flyby08

Member:
    san francisco
    Vehicle:
    TRD Catback exhaust, Topdeck tonnaeu cover, locking gas cap, all weather floor mats, Pop-n-lock tailgate, painted black rims, volant CAI with RAM air scoop, 10" MTX thunder sub with 2ch amp, Alpine SPS-609 and 600, Pioneer AVHP-3200BT HU
    well I don't know anyone else who has one so I can listen to it in person, and I was wondering if the seat being up distorted the sound at all. Just thought it could be another tool to help make the decision.

4. Aug 27, 2008 at 11:30 PM
    Mr Marv

Mr Marv 1-831-383-0308 7am-10pm pst Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Marv
    Monterey Bay California
    Vehicle:
    Custom Built Enclosures/speaker adapters etc
    With the properly implemented enclosure having the seat up will not distort the sound. :)

5. Aug 27, 2008 at 11:33 PM
    flyby08

Member:
    san francisco
    Vehicle:
    cool didn't know that this is the first time i have thought about putting a system in a truck. All the other ones have been in car. I did put some aftermarket speakers in my old 99, but that only cause I took them out of a car before my bro traded it in.
    was looking at this from ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/Tacoma-Double-C...hZ011QQcategoryZ50565QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

they use to have a single sub, but I didn't find it right now.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  6. Aug 28, 2008 at 12:14 PM
    sooner07

sooner07 1/2 man 1/2 amazing

Member:
    First Name:
    A A Ron
    DFW, Texas
    Vehicle:
    Debadged 2008 Rugged Trail
    Toytec ultimate lift kit, light racing UCAs, ARB bumper and full skid plates underneath. Looking into redoing the suspension and maybe repainting the ol' Taco.
    First off, it is best to pick a sub before you pick a box. Building a box first is a little like picking a transmission before an engine. Sure you can make it work, but you are limiting your choices and probably not getting the most efficient and best setup possible. I'd advise that you chat with Marv about boxes, as far as dimensions and enclosure volumes, amp racks and the whole lot. He builds beautiful work and knows a lot about putting equipment in the Taco.

7. Aug 28, 2008 at 1:15 PM
    flyby08

Member:
    san francisco
    Vehicle:
    that's a good point. I actully do have a sub & amp set up in mind & was refering more to the dimenisions. yea, sometimes I'm not 2 clear with these posts(my bad). I remember of couple of post here giving good reviews to those so I asked, but I'm jsut gonna stay a way from ebay now that I am doind more research. I have been talking with him & he has been very helpful

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.

Products Discussed in

To Top