1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Magellan GPS help

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by MikeS., Oct 10, 2008.

1. Oct 10, 2008 at 8:32 AM
    MikeS.

MikeS. [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Far Eastern WVa
    Vehicle:
    2008 DC LB 4x4 in Speedway Blue.
    Undercover bed topper, Nerf style step bars, Python alarm, Ham radio with 250 watt amp and chrome wheel well bling.
    Any of you have a fair amount of experience making a POI file for a Magellan Maestro unit?

I bought 1 yesterday at Costco and I've been trying to build a POI file showing FlyingJ truck stops. After about 15 tries I still can't get it to work. Keep getting an error telling me the latitude info is wrong.

2. Oct 13, 2008 at 2:01 PM
    TightShirts

TightShirts The StormTrooper

Member:
    First Name:
    TightShirts
    Phoenix... The Land of Lifted Trucks & Dirty Sluts
    Vehicle:
    08 Rugged Trail Ed
    Tint, Clear Bra, De-badged, In-Dash DVD, 09 Led Tail Lights, Chris4x4's old OME front shocks, 1.5" Deaver AAL with OME n182s, black billet in white sport grill, BHLM w/4500k HIDs + Fogs, bumper blackout
    i'm not a fan of the Magellans, honestly i'd take it back and buy a Garmin. i use google earth (the free one) and this program called easyGPS http://www.easygps.com/ to copy all of my points and trips to my handheld and vice versa, even if you decide to keep it maybe this progam will help you

3. Oct 13, 2008 at 6:24 PM
    rhoppas

rhoppas Land of Oz

Member:
    Topeka, KS
    Vehicle:
    07 Double Cab V6 TRD Sport Tow
    Earnhardt Cannons, Terra Grapplers, Viper alarm, Hunter4x4 Bull Bar, 6" Pro Comp Off-Road lights, extra set of bed D-rings, Chrome exhaust tip, Metra Ipod/MP3 adapter, Garmin GPS, CarriageWorks grill, Maglite mounted to driver seat, 9" Stubbie Antenna, WeatherTech floor liners, Saddleman Neoprene seat covers, DeeZee bed mat
    I am not familiar with Magellan devices. I too am a Garmin fan. I have made several POI files for the garmin. Are the Magellan POI files simply a CSV file (a text file with values separated with commas, one POI per line)? If so, I can help you. Send me a PM. I will have you email me your POI file so I can see what is wrong with it...

Products Discussed in

To Top