1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Help with 4 channel amp please!

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by KILGORE76, Sep 14, 2011.

1. Sep 14, 2011 at 5:19 PM
    KILGORE76

KILGORE76 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Beaufort,sc
    Vehicle:
    2011 toyota tacoma double cab
    Hi,
    Thanks for any info,I appreciate it very much.I have a 2011 toyota tacoma double cab.I ordered the rockford 4 channel mini amp,I can't believe how small these amps are!It's 75x4 watts,I have kenwood component set up front that will take the amp fine,I'm worried about the back pair of kenwood kfc-1362s speakers,I should have checked better as to what i was doing but i just decided i wanted a amp for my door speakers..The back speakers only handle 28 watts rms and 150 watts peak.I'm not sure if the back speakers would be able to handle the 75 watts,I got the 4 channel rca's coming in and the amp kit plus the amp is on the way.Anything i could do?I bought all nice stuff as far as wiring for this project but im worried now about the back speakers....Any help would be much appreciated!!The rockford amp is rockford pbr300x4.

2. Sep 14, 2011 at 5:28 PM
    84Hilux

84Hilux Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Vancouver, Canada
    Vehicle:
    09 SR5 Access Cab V6 4X4
    Stock Fog Lights, Camera Mirror, Arrow Canopy, Lighted 4x4switch, Weathertech Mats (Black), Wet Okoles- Black/Charcoal, Alpine CDA117 Headunit/ Alpine PDX4150 Amp/Alpine PDX M6 Amp/ Hybrid Legatia SE Components/ JL 10W6V2 Subwoofer/ Prototype MR Marv Sub Enclosure
    It looks like that amp has adjustable gain for front and rear channel. You will be able to adjust the gain down on your rear channel.

3. Sep 14, 2011 at 5:35 PM
    Johns Taco

Johns Taco I'm not 4x4, and have an open diff. So i'm 4x1

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Albuquerque, NM
    Vehicle:
    05 DSM Base SR5 Slug Taco
    Full custom stereo, onboard air compressor, train horns, spacer lift, 30" tires, optima yellow top, rear slider window & tailgate anti-theft mod, pop & lock, class 3 tow hitch, lights in bed, Ultra Gauge, Weather Tech mats, yellow fog lights, camper top, air lift rear airbags, rear diff breather mod, soon to be more...
    x2. Plus small rockford amps put out small power, list your amp so we can better help you. I know Rockford amps.

4. Sep 14, 2011 at 7:01 PM
    KILGORE76

KILGORE76 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Beaufort,sc
    Vehicle:
    2011 toyota tacoma double cab

Products Discussed in

To Top