1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

6.5" Component recommendation

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by bigswoleone, Oct 23, 2011.

1. Oct 23, 2011 at 1:34 PM
    bigswoleone

bigswoleone [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    Birmingham, AL
    Vehicle:
    11 DC PreRunner TRD Sport
    Alpine CDA-117 HU DLS Ultimate UP6i 6.5" comps Polk 6.5" coaxial rear-fill Polk MM series 10" sub Kicker ZX700.5 amp
    I've purchased everything for my sound system setup...except for 6.5" components for the front doors.

I have a Kicker ZX700.5 amp and will be bridging 4 channels into 2 channels. According to the manual that gives me 165w x 2 RMS for the components. Maybe more since Kicker amps are typically underrated. Note: I know that this does not mean that the speakers will be getting this much power at all times - so please, no comments about that.

Given these facts, I'm curious to see what you guys are running or what you guys have listened to and what you would recommend.

I plan on getting the speaker mounts from Mr Marv and currently the front runners are either the HAT Imagines or Unity, but definitely open to other suggestions.

My price range is $250 - $350 for the components. My goal is SQ. Recommendations needed.

Products Discussed in

To Top