1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Question about sound dampening

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by LonghornTaco, Nov 20, 2008.

1. Nov 20, 2008 at 9:45 PM
    LonghornTaco

LonghornTaco [OP] Can you pass the bailout please?

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    Black 09 4x4 TRD Off Road Doublecab
    3" ToyTec coilover lift on Bilstein 5100s, Total Chaos UCAs, ToyTec diff drop, Scangauge II, 4D MagLite mounted on the drivers seat, Painted engine cover, Painted calipers (red), Painted skid plate (red) Valentine 1 radar detector hard wired, Damplifier Pro on the floor, back wall and doors, Luxury Liner Pro on the floor and doors, Kenwood DNX8120, 2 Pioneer TS-SW1041D 10" shallow mount subs, 2 Pioneer PRS-D4200F 1200W amps, Mr Marv sub enclosure, Hybrid Audio Clarus 6.5" components in the front doors, Alpine 5.25" coaxials in the rear doors, A.R.E. LSII fiberglass tonneau cover, All Pro bumper, All Pro sliders, Wet Okole seat covers, Sockmonkey Mountain badges, PIAA 510 SMR Driving Lights, Warn M8000 Winch, Bud Built skids
    I have bought a bunch of sound dampening material from Second Skin Audio (damplifier pro and luxury liner pro) and I plan on installing it over the weekend. But these products individually are fairly thick. Then, putting them together (on the floor of the cab), it's gonna be a good 1/2" thick!

So, how is this going to affect putting the interior back together? I realize I need to leave holes open for bolts, etc... but will the stuff compress enough to allow me to reattach the bolts? I'm sure Toyota didn't design the interior to accept an extra 1/2" of stuff under the carpet... So, putting seats back in, the center console back in, etc...

Has anyone done this or have any tips?

Also, how about spray adhesive? How many cans would I need for the floor/doors? And are there any I should stay away from (i.e. any that would have a corrosive effect on the dampening mat)?

2. Nov 21, 2008 at 7:01 AM
    LonghornTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    3" ToyTec coilover lift on Bilstein 5100s, Total Chaos UCAs, ToyTec diff drop, Scangauge II, 4D MagLite mounted on the drivers seat, Painted engine cover, Painted calipers (red), Painted skid plate (red) Valentine 1 radar detector hard wired, Damplifier Pro on the floor, back wall and doors, Luxury Liner Pro on the floor and doors, Kenwood DNX8120, 2 Pioneer TS-SW1041D 10" shallow mount subs, 2 Pioneer PRS-D4200F 1200W amps, Mr Marv sub enclosure, Hybrid Audio Clarus 6.5" components in the front doors, Alpine 5.25" coaxials in the rear doors, A.R.E. LSII fiberglass tonneau cover, All Pro bumper, All Pro sliders, Wet Okole seat covers, Sockmonkey Mountain badges, PIAA 510 SMR Driving Lights, Warn M8000 Winch, Bud Built skids
    Morning bump...

3. Nov 24, 2008 at 8:00 PM
    Gen3Benz

Gen3Benz Active Member

Member:
    I saw pics of your install....how did it go?
    Looks f-in awesome.

Did you buy the bulk pack of DP and 4 sheets of LLP?

4. Nov 24, 2008 at 8:17 PM
    LonghornTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    It took a long time (20 hours so far) but wasn't hard. I still have to do the doors, but I think I'm gonna have way more than I'm gonna need. Might be selling some stuff soon... :)

I bought about 120 sq ft of DP and about 50 sq ft of LLP. So far, I've only used about 16 sq ft of LLP and my doors aren't going to need 34 sq ft, so I might do my roof...

Products Discussed in

To Top