Tacoma World Forums

Tacoma World Forums (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/)
-   Audio & Video (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/audio-video/)
-   -   Factory speakers back in... window's wont work (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/audio-video/224699-factory-speakers-back-windows-wont-work.html)

Tidrow 06-14-2012 07:43 PM

Factory speakers back in... window's wont work

So I put the factory speakers back in. I didn't put the tweeters back in. I left the speakerwire for the tweeters unconnected because I don't have the factory tweeters anymore. The door speakers work, but the windows do not. I checked the plugs, they are plugged in. The power locks work. I think I checked the fuse but I'm not sure if it was the right one. Any knowledge would be awesome. I'm working on it tonight.

I'm thinking I should run the wire from the tweater into the door speaker :confused:

ItalynStylion 06-14-2012 08:22 PM

You sure you plugged in the second harness for the window switches on the passenger side? I'm betting you didn't.

Tidrow 06-14-2012 08:28 PM

I did boss, as soon as it didn't work I took the panel right back off and checked again... I'm about to take the doors off again. I bet I have to wire in the tweeter wire to something.

Tidrow 06-14-2012 08:31 PM

come on Stallion, help me one last time before I trade in my truck LOL

ItalynStylion 06-14-2012 08:34 PM

Hold the phone, you took off the PASSENGER side window button panel too?

ItalynStylion 06-14-2012 08:35 PM

I think they are wired in series with each other so if you forgot one of the 2 harnesses that go into the window/lock switch on the passenger side the one on the drivers side wont work either.

Tidrow 06-14-2012 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ItalynStylion (Post 5242509)
Hold the phone, you took off the PASSENGER side window button panel too?

yeah i checked both of them... they are plugged in

Tidrow 06-14-2012 08:44 PM

going back out to triple check em, if they are plugged in I'm going to try and run my loose tweeter wire to the woofer

ItalynStylion 06-14-2012 08:59 PM

I wouldn't do that. The stereo is a totally independent system. It has NOTHING to do with the windows. Hell I haven't had stock speakers or used ANY of the stock wiring for about 3 years.

Check all the harnesses and make sure they're in all the way. I know there's two on the passenger side and the large one on the drivers side is a little tricky. Make sure it locked in place.

PS: My memory is fresh because I did an install for someone tonight....like an hour ago.

Tidrow 06-14-2012 09:01 PM

they are all three hooked up. Why would the door locks still work?

ItalynStylion 06-14-2012 09:29 PM

No idea. It's possible you popped a fuse but highly unlikely. Is that stupid window "lockout" button pressed in?

Tidrow 06-15-2012 07:37 AM

You got it. It popped a fuse. We are back up and running. Thanks for all your advice bud. You have helped me out several times. PM me when you come to Austin.
:cheers:

ItalynStylion 06-15-2012 08:05 AM

Nice. I wonder how that happened. Very odd. But glad you got it worked out!