1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Audio Install cost ?

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Maximuslion, Nov 16, 2012.

1. Nov 16, 2012 at 3:57 PM
    Maximuslion

Maximuslion [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    if it matters, i'm keeping the stock head unit. (hence the LC7i) I want everything hidden, keeping the stock look

Trying to determine a fair price for this install. It will be going into a 2002 doublecab. I will also be providing the amp kits. For those of you that know what it takes to complete this install, what would a fair price be for the labor?

Audio Control LC7i
    Alpine SPR-50C (front doors)
    Alpine SPR-68 (back doors)
    Alpine MRX-F65 (4CH amp)
    Alpine SWR-T10 (thin sub)
    Alpine MRX-M110 (mono amp)
    Mr Marv box & baffles
    rammat the 4 doors and back wall

2. Nov 16, 2012 at 8:39 PM
    Ronn

Ronn Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Northern Ontario
    Vehicle:
    2007 DCLB 4x4 SR5
    Westin bullbar, KC slimlites, Mini D2S headlight retrofit, 5100 front @ 1.75 and 5100 rear, Wheelers HD leaf pack
    Speaking from experience of doing it myself... that's going to be an all day job.

Wiring: 2hrs
    Sound deadening: roughly 1 hr per door with prep
    Making an amp rack?: at least 1hr
    Installing pieces in the truck: at least 1hr

8hrs give or take an hour. Not sure what their shop rate is.

There are a lot of people on this site who are very experienced with installs, ever think of giving it a try yourself? The box is already made for you.

3. Nov 17, 2012 at 5:06 AM
    Maximuslion

Member:
    Thought about installing myself but I have no experience at all with installing car audio equipment. ( amp rack by mr Marv also)

4. Nov 17, 2012 at 7:15 AM
    sirsaechao

sirsaechao Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    CA
    Vehicle:
    2002 Toyota Tacoma SR5 TRD 3.4L 4X4 V6
    A lift, some wheels, some tires, some performance, some cosmetic and then audio.
    This doesn't help but this is why I friend my local shop. Though I pay full price on all he stereo equipment...but not only do they don't charge me sales taxes or installation cost but I also get warranty at anytime I need it. I moved but still drive 70 miles to get my stuff from them simply because of the trust on their work and the relationship we have.

Their labor cost alone is:
    $75 per set of components
    $65 mono or 2 channel amp
    $75 4 channel or more amp
    $65 installing sub and box
    $65 per door for sound deadening
    $100 for amp rack
    Cost of wiring and any other custom modifications needed.

5. Nov 17, 2012 at 7:29 AM
    Pcyc

Pcyc Self Proclaimed Leader

Member:
    First Name:
    Fritz
    Concord, CA
    Vehicle:
    09 DCSB TRD OR - Supercharged - Dual Cased - Twin Sticked
    https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/pcyc-fj40-build.444289/ https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/pcycs-2nd-gen-build.308160/
    Have you thought about an alpine pdx-v9 amp. It's a 5 channel and will be a better choice. You will also save money on the wiring, etc.

Check out the following
    Darvix.com for wiring
    Amp and speakers at Amazon
    Speaker mounts taco tunes or mr marv

Follow the *********.com install videos. You will be fine. If you can read you can install the stereo.

6. Nov 17, 2012 at 9:46 AM
    Ronn

Ronn Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Northern Ontario
    Vehicle:
    2007 DCLB 4x4 SR5
    Westin bullbar, KC slimlites, Mini D2S headlight retrofit, 5100 front @ 1.75 and 5100 rear, Wheelers HD leaf pack
    It's up to you, but don't let an audio install overwhelm you. I would say the harder part is the fab custom work that has already been done for you by Mr. Marv. His box and amp rack are ready to drop in so there's no guess work there.

As for your biggest concern of making sure everything stays hidden, it's a matter of taking it one step at a time. Knowing how panels are removed from your truck, running wires, hooking them up, and installing your components. Try looking around at some build threads where someone has documented steps taken and then see how you feel. I really can't see a shop charging you less than 500 dollars.

7. Nov 17, 2012 at 4:53 PM
    Maximuslion

Member:
    thanks Ron, i have seriously considered that but without someone holding my hand along the way i'm afraid i would not ground something correctly or i would break something trying to remove plastic panels from all over. After paying this much for the equipment i really want it installed right. I don't want to short or fry anything. I did ask a local guy from this forum but he wasn't willing to help. Understandably so if this is a 1 or 2 day job. If you're down in Houston Tx anytime soon you can walk me through the install & i'll treat you to some real good TX BBQ !!!

Oh, and if anyone in the area wants to help teach, i will pay for the help and buy the BBQ!

8. Nov 17, 2012 at 6:11 PM
    Ronn

Ronn Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Northern Ontario
    Vehicle:
    2007 DCLB 4x4 SR5
    That makes a lot of sense, I hope you find someone that can do it for a fair price. If we were closer I would give you a hand, I love projects like that.

Products Discussed in

To Top