Tacoma World Forums

Tacoma World Forums (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/)
-   Audio & Video (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/audio-video/)
-   -   Replace JBL Speakers? (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/audio-video/257561-replace-jbl-speakers.html)

ATHiker 01-11-2013 05:55 AM

Replace JBL Speakers?

I have a 2013 DC Sport with the JBL Entune w/ Nav. I am considering replacing the JBL speakers with Polk Audio or equivalent. Would I see an appreciable improvement?

DeeKay21 01-11-2013 06:00 AM

Anything is better over the stock speakers even if you have the upgraded JBL speakers. :o

ATHiker 01-11-2013 03:47 PM

Thanks. I replaced the stock speakers in my Ridgeline and it made a huge improvement. Just wasn't sure of the quality of the JBL speakers.

DeeKay21 01-11-2013 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ATHiker (Post 6261123)
Thanks. I replaced the stock speakers in my Ridgeline and it made a huge improvement. Just wasn't sure of the quality of the JBL speakers.

Well mine is a 2006 Sports edition with the upgraded JBL system and I was never impressed by it case I had another buddy with a 2006 Tacoma without the JBL and you could hardly tell the difference. Unless they changed with the newer models but I havent heard.

TacoDawgfan 01-11-2013 03:59 PM

Are we talking about the sub also? I've wondered how it would sound if a better sub was put in the factory box? One, would the factory amp have enough power to sound decent? And two, what about the acoustic of the box? Would an aftermarket sub sound right in it?

I don't want to put a lot into it like I used to but I'm sure the factory speakers wont last very long.

Mine sounds good enough for me, just want to be able to replace when the time comes without paying Toyota prices for something that wont last.

DriverSound 01-11-2013 04:08 PM

The JBL's are better than the regular ones but not much better. You can turn the volume up higher without hearing them crackle like the regular ones though it's not something impressive. They're decent. If I could have had a TRD package without them I would have opt not to have them and just build up my own system.

BORNWILDGUY 01-11-2013 04:11 PM

I put the infinity kappas in front and rear---big difference but I also have 2 10's

m_yota 01-14-2013 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DriverSound (Post 6261197)
The JBL's are better than the regular ones but not much better. You can turn the volume up higher without hearing them crackle like the regular ones though it's not something impressive. They're decent. If I could have had a TRD package without them I would have opt not to have them and just build up my own system.

I second that motion. I noticed a small improvement. Install some comps up front with some coaxial . Kenwood's. now I'm thinking of installing some amps

TRD Toy85 01-15-2013 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TacoDawgfan (Post 6261166)
Are we talking about the sub also? I've wondered how it would sound if a better sub was put in the factory box? One, would the factory amp have enough power to sound decent? And two, what about the acoustic of the box? Would an aftermarket sub sound right in it?

I don't want to put a lot into it like I used to but I'm sure the factory speakers wont last very long.

Mine sounds good enough for me, just want to be able to replace when the time comes without paying Toyota prices for something that wont last.

I found the 4runner guys upgrade their sub and amp using the stock jbl box . Do a quick google search you'll see what I'm talking about .

I think the jbl is ok , I really like the head unit . But the speakers could be better .
I'm actually getting alot of rattle when I turn the volume up a fair amount . I can't seem to pin point the exact source of it though .
Anyone else have a similar issue ?

Is it the sub or the plastic panels around it ?

TacoDawgfan 01-15-2013 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRD Toy85 (Post 6279048)
I found the 4runner guys upgrade their sub and amp using the stock jbl box . Do a quick google search you'll see what I'm talking about .

I think the jbl is ok , I really like the head unit . But the speakers could be better .
I'm actually getting alot of rattle when I turn the volume up a fair amount . I can't seem to pin point the exact source of it though .
Anyone else have a similar issue ?

Is it the sub or the plastic panels around it ?

It's been said on here that it is the plastic. I've been told told stuff a towel in between the box and seat to fix it. I've never got around to trying it though.