1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Hello and Thanks! (stereo install)

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Oh5, Jan 22, 2013.

1. Jan 22, 2013 at 9:00 PM
    Oh5

Oh5 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner
    3" Lift, Flowmaster exhaust, K&N intake
    Hello...I've been a Tacoma owner for the last several months now and the first project I've attempted is a new stereo in my 05 double cab. It's finally completed so I figured I'd show you what I came up with since I used this forum extensively in my research. I wanted to keep everything stock and not remove any brackets or cut anything or any permanent changes to my truck. I also have a 1 year old daughter and another little girl on the way so keeping the child seat hookups was a must. I ended up using 5/8" MDF instead of 3/4" like I usually would have because as you know space is tight back there. When all was said and done everything fit, but was slightly too close for comfort so I ended up removing the plastic from the big seat. Anyway my goal was for a budget friendly build that would give me a nice step up from stock which I believe I have achieved. Here's what I used:

Kicker 10CVR102 sub
    Kenwood X500 Mono Amp
    Kenwood KAC 1502 for the components
    Polk DB 6501 components up front
    JVC KD-X80BT HU
    Stock speakers in the rear

The Kicker needed 0.8 cubic foot box so I had to build it long and low, and to my best calculations its about 0.84cuft. Things didn't go exactly as planned as the whole point of the system was I had an old mono amp I was going to use which ended up not working, and I have giftcards to Amazon which is why I chose the components that I did to do it on the cheap. I originally bought a JVC KD-X50BT but I didn't think about the fact that I have a roof mounted DVD player and needed a rear aux port which is why I switched to the X80. Since both of those Kenwood amps are so small they would fit on the rear panel like I had originally wanted, but since my first amp was so huge and didn't work, I had already ran the 2 channel amp under the drivers seat and haven't moved it back. I left room on the rear panel as you can see and may someday put the amps side by side. I didn't take too many pictures but here's an idea of the finished product in the back. I mainly just wanted to say thanks to everyone who has put their input out here and helped me out tremendously along the way. So Thanks!

[​IMG]

Products Discussed in

To Top