1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need help finding factory wire harness

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by thewhiteknight, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Jan 23, 2013 at 9:05 AM
    thewhiteknight

thewhiteknight [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Colby
    SW Alabama
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner TRD SR5 Dbl Cab
    foglight anytime, HIDs, lift, bilstein 5100s, AAL, LED interior, LEDs, BHLM, extended rear diff vent mod, upgraded audio system,
    I have searched and searched but can't find this particular wiring harness.

[​IMG]

What I am looking for is the harness that is indicated by the red. It plugs into the radio and runs down behind the A/C controls then back up and plugs into another harness (indicated by the green arrow) behind the green circle.

Any help or links would be greatly appreciated.

I called a dealership but they didn't know what I was talking about and I don't want to drive 100+ miles to the nearest dealer to take the truck in.

The reason I need another is on my wiring harness for a new radio is I left a wire naked and it eventually found a ground and stripped the insulation off the "illumination" wire, the wire that controls the backlighting of the factory radio.

Everything works fine as it is, but 1) i don't like it being back there and 2) if I ever want to put stock radio back in I'll need that wire for the lights in the radio. Thanks for any help

2. Jan 23, 2013 at 5:11 PM
    t_e

t_e Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Erik
    miami,fl
    Can you repair the wire?

3. Jan 23, 2013 at 5:17 PM
    DR007

DR007 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dylan
    Port Barre, LA
    Vehicle:
    '06 DCSB PreRunner
    MagnaFlow exhaust, K&N cold air intake, MB TKO wheels with 265/75/r16 Hankook Dynapro ATM, Blue Center shift LED color change, Map Lights with Dome, LED Map and Dome lights, Cluster Light Change, DTRL, Parking Light as Blinker, Blue A/C Control lights, Blue Clock, Bed Lights, Debadged tailgate, painted all exterior plastic trim, 6LZ Lightbars in grille, OTRATTW switches, Fog Light in Reverse light Mod, LED Blinkers all around, Projector Fog Lights, 15" blitzpro light bar, added hidden cig lighter port, custom plate front bumper, OME complete lift with 885 front coils, Ultraguage, CB radio 3' whips, 12v bed lighter port, Center Console Lights, AllProOffroad Sliders, 50" roof led light bar, 2 BlitzPro 6LZ Reverse Lights
    Wrap it with electrical tape if all you did was strip the insulation off.

4. Jan 24, 2013 at 7:55 AM
    thewhiteknight

Member:
    First Name:
    Colby
    SW Alabama
    Vehicle:
    foglight anytime, HIDs, lift, bilstein 5100s, AAL, LED interior, LEDs, BHLM, extended rear diff vent mod, upgraded audio system,
    I would just replace the wire or wrap it in electrical tape but when it burnt the insulation off it also burnt some off others wires as well since they're all wrapped/twisted into the same bundle. It would probably be ok to just replace that one wore but I'd rather be on the safe side and replace the whole harness if at all possible. If I can't find a harness ill just wrap the wire with tape or try to make a new harness. But still if anyone knows where to get a full replacement or any other ideas would be a ton of help. Thanks

5. Jan 24, 2013 at 8:05 AM
    Jerez

Jerez SoCal LED Dash Swap

Member:
    First Name:
    Rod
    Diamond Bar/Ontario, CA
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD 2wd converted to 4wd
    Estock
    The dealer sales the WHOLE hardness...so everything you see back there is what they sell which costs like $2-3k

If you have to repair a wire you're going to have to do it individually as long as the plug is good...Id not you can buy the plug without pins or wires from Toyota...

I'm not sure what plug/harness that is becuz it runs to the back of the console and not sure from just a pic...ill ask my bud

6. Jan 24, 2013 at 10:07 AM
    DR007

DR007 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dylan
    Port Barre, LA
    Vehicle:
    '06 DCSB PreRunner
    MagnaFlow exhaust, K&N cold air intake, MB TKO wheels with 265/75/r16 Hankook Dynapro ATM, Blue Center shift LED color change, Map Lights with Dome, LED Map and Dome lights, Cluster Light Change, DTRL, Parking Light as Blinker, Blue A/C Control lights, Blue Clock, Bed Lights, Debadged tailgate, painted all exterior plastic trim, 6LZ Lightbars in grille, OTRATTW switches, Fog Light in Reverse light Mod, LED Blinkers all around, Projector Fog Lights, 15" blitzpro light bar, added hidden cig lighter port, custom plate front bumper, OME complete lift with 885 front coils, Ultraguage, CB radio 3' whips, 12v bed lighter port, Center Console Lights, AllProOffroad Sliders, 50" roof led light bar, 2 BlitzPro 6LZ Reverse Lights
    What you can do is cut the bad portion of the wires off and solder in new wires. Will work the same. Won't look as pretty as a new harness but will save you a lot of money

7. Jan 24, 2013 at 10:10 AM
    Jerez

Jerez SoCal LED Dash Swap

Member:
    First Name:
    Rod
    Diamond Bar/Ontario, CA
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD 2wd converted to 4wd
    Estock
    ^^^this or crimp them with some butt connectors...

8. Jan 24, 2013 at 6:00 PM
    thewhiteknight

Member:
    First Name:
    Colby
    SW Alabama
    Vehicle:
    earlier today, i pulled everything out. looked at it. and decided it would be okay. it's just that one wire and its already cut so it won't do any further damage. i was planning to just heat shrink where the other insulation is off the other wires but the harness is so tangled and twined together you would nearly have to take the entire electrical harness out (and this is probably why toyota sells it as one entire harness). after looking today it isn't as bad as i thought and i can live with it. while taking out my dash panel i noticed a few plugs that don't have switches connected. perhaps anyone know what these are to?

the two that are unused are circled in the white.
    i know that the blue plug is my fogs, the red is the bed outlet, and the green is the dimmer dial.

[​IMG]

9. Jan 24, 2013 at 6:05 PM
    wildjerseyfirefighter

wildjerseyfirefighter I sell fishing and fishing accessories

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma TRD Sport
    stock, for now
    Search on here..you may find a wrecked truck that someone is parting out.

Products Discussed in

To Top