1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

HELP: installed bluetooth in my car and cant hear phone calls

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Ernesto4, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Feb 13, 2013 at 11:51 PM
    Ernesto4

Ernesto4 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    North Hollywood
    Vehicle:
    15 Tacoma access cab 5 lug SR5
    So I recently installed a jvc head unit with Bluetooth and a mic for phone calls but everytime I call some one or they call me I can never hear them. It sounds like they are getting cut off like their phones have no signal and they say that they can not hear me very good. I am positive its not he phone because when i switch the call to my phone headset it immediately sounds perfect.Any idea on what might be the problem? can provide pics of the unit installed if neccesary
    Thanks

2. Feb 14, 2013 at 2:46 PM
    Aw9d

Aw9d That one guy

Member:
    Try another phone first and see if the problem still happens. If your switching to the headset then you are removing BT all together and its not a valid test. Try another phone, see how it works.. If both phones do the exact same, its a setting or an issue on the deck.. If phone 2 works, phone 1 sucks and time to get another phone.

Also some decks you have to tell it to use BT for calls AND/OR audio streaming.

3. Feb 18, 2013 at 9:41 PM
    Ernesto4

Ernesto4 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    North Hollywood
    Vehicle:
    15 Tacoma access cab 5 lug SR5
    Thank you. So i took everything out and checked all wiring a nd all that and when i put it back together again it finally worked BUT not the only problem is that now me and the other person i am talking to both hear static. Any suggestions on what might be the problem now??
    :confused::confused::confused::confused:

Products Discussed in

To Top