1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

AVIC X940BT Question

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by ShaneG, Mar 18, 2013.

1. Mar 18, 2013 at 9:05 PM
    ShaneG

ShaneG [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Shane
    Jacksonville, FL
    Vehicle:
    11 Prerunner SR5
    Recently installed the Pioneer AVIC X940BT with Axxess ASWC steering wheel adapter. Question for those with a similar setup. With the Kenwood I had previously, I could set up the tuner in one of three modes; 1) step through each and every freq with the push of the search button (ex: 99.5 to 99.7 to 99.9, etc, 2) set it up so that it would seek all available stations in the area, or 3) steps through only your preset stations. If you selected the "preset mode" on your tuner, then you could scroll through your preset stations with each push of your steering wheel button.

I haven't been able to figure out how to do the same with the Pioneer. Did you guys figure out how to set it up so that you could step through your presets with your steering wheel control?

Absolutely love this stereo. Not being able to figure this out is the only complaint I have thus far. Well, that and the inability to adjust the tilt of the faceplate. While it looks sharp, having the faceplate at an angle that doesn't match the mounting kit doesn't give me that factory look I was hoping for....

Products Discussed in

To Top