Tacoma World Forums

Tacoma World Forums (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/)
-   Audio & Video (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/audio-video/)
-   -   Backup camera to stock head unit? (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/audio-video/276994-backup-camera-stock-head-unit.html)

VazBro 05-08-2013 11:10 AM

Backup camera to stock head unit?

1 Attachment(s)
Hi everybody
I have a 2013 Tacoma with touch screen bluetooth head unit. I have a backup camera in my rearview mirror but I was wondering if I can attach additional camera to my OEM head unit.

The idea is to add a side view camera (two backup cameras) on each side of the front bumper and monitor the incoming traffic on the blind intersections. This way I won't get potentially T-boned!! :-)

I can put a video switch in between cameras and the head unit so I can switch between the right and left camera.

Here is what my head unit look like.

Thanks in advance for your helpAttachment 211422

VazBro 06-02-2013 04:59 PM

Anybody?

aj hank 06-03-2013 01:51 AM

Search around..I think I've seen a few posts about it. You'll have to tap into the factory wiring and connect it with an RCA cable. Doable, but I'm not positive as to how you'd go about it. That's on my list of things to do too

Tommiet 06-10-2013 05:39 PM

I'm Looking Too!

Quote:

Originally Posted by VazBro (Post 6859506)
Hi everybody
I have a 2013 Tacoma with touch screen bluetooth head unit. I have a backup camera in my rearview mirror but I was wondering if I can attach additional camera to my OEM head unit.

The idea is to add a side view camera (two backup cameras) on each side of the front bumper and monitor the incoming traffic on the blind intersections. This way I won't get potentially T-boned!! :-)

I can put a video switch in between cameras and the head unit so I can switch between the right and left camera.

Here is what my head unit look like.

Thanks in advance for your helpAttachment 211422

eBay has a kit for $70.00 but that seems crazy for a wire with 2 connectors on it. If you find how HOW, please share!

thanks,

tom

payrow 06-10-2013 06:25 PM

Subbed.

VazBro 07-02-2013 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tommiet (Post 7010526)
eBay has a kit for $70.00 but that seems crazy for a wire with 2 connectors on it. If you find how HOW, please share!

thanks,

tom

Hi Tom,
I maybe interested but I can't find it on eBay. Would you send a link to the adapter please?
I would really appreciate it.

Ray

Tommiet 07-03-2013 04:15 AM

eBay

Quote:

Originally Posted by VazBro (Post 7111729)
Hi Tom,
I maybe interested but I can't find it on eBay. Would you send a link to the adapter please?
I would really appreciate it.

Ray

The seller does not have an active add now, but I did find the the last one.
Search eBay for item #181151718356

VazBro 07-03-2013 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tommiet (Post 7112652)
The seller does not have an active add now, but I did find the the last one.
Search eBay for item #181151718356

Got it! Thanks a lot. You are right. That is a lot if money for a price of wire. I think it is the convenience that we are paying for. Somebody else did the work.