1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Steering Axxess Wheel Control Interface Kit Pissing me off!!!

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by zinnerbug, May 23, 2013.

1. May 23, 2013 at 12:09 PM
    zinnerbug

zinnerbug [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Zino
    Richardson TX
    Vehicle:
    11 Tacoma TRD
    None as of yet
    So i decided to up the ante and install a new aftermarket double din Kenwood receiver (DDX470) bought from Best buy and i cant seem to get the steering wheel interface kit to work. The closest i have gotten is for th red light to stop blinking on the interface but non of the controllers work.

I have followed every instruction known to man; including the one that comes with the kit but cant seem to get it to work.

In case you are wondering, i purchased the Axxess-ASWC-1 kit. http://www.crutchfield.com/p_120ASW...56305&awat=pla&awnw=g&awcr=15802862185&awdv=c

Help is great apprieciated!!!

Thanks,
    Eddie

2. May 23, 2013 at 12:10 PM
    zinnerbug

zinnerbug [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Zino
    Richardson TX
    Vehicle:
    11 Tacoma TRD
    None as of yet
    Its going on a 2011 tacoma prerunner with JBL system

3. Aug 12, 2013 at 5:43 AM
    D4D Hilux Dude

D4D Hilux Dude Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Darren
    Arvada, CO
    Vehicle:
    2011 4x4 Double Cab TRD Offroad
    TRD Supercharger TRD Catback Exhaust Ziebart Rust Proofing Additional Bed Ties 2012 Indicator side mirrors
    I am having a similar problem... however, the volumne buttons and the source button works.

I cant figure how to reprogram to get the handsfree buttons to work ro reprogram the seek +/- to preset +/-

I was even trying to get the secondary button function to work... no luck yet

Any advice?

4. Aug 12, 2013 at 8:58 AM
    Agro

Agro Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    2015 Ford F-150 XLT 3.5L Ecoboost!
    I installed ASWC-1 with a Pioneer AppRadio3 2 weeks ago. First updated to the latest (I believe it was) 3.15 firmware. You can do it easily with a micro USB cable and a laptop.

I then was getting the blinking red, then the short/long blinks to indicate which wires were connected (these were correct) then the short blips to show it knew I had a Pioneer. Problem was that Track Next/Previous only worked on the Radio. When I hit track next it would skip presets, NOT the frequency. Volume never worked. Bluetooth pickup/hangup worked though. I called Metra easily 8x and Crutchfield as many times. Finally I went down to best buy and bought a new one, cut the harness off the old one, put the new harness in and everything was fixed. What was wrong with the harness? No idea! But the new one fixed everything and manual programming wasn't necessary.

BTW, manual programming failed totally with the old harness. I tried and tired and had Metra on the phone, I followed their docs, etc. nothing worked. It was the harness.

5. Aug 12, 2013 at 3:15 PM
    Riverdog

Riverdog Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Collin
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    '05 Double Cab PreRunner

Products Discussed in

To Top