1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

VSS wire location 2001 Xcab

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by avdog, Sep 12, 2007.

1. Sep 12, 2007 at 10:58 AM
    avdog

avdog [OP] New Member

Member:
    Hell all,
    I have just installed an AVIC D3 unit in my 2001 Tacoma and I like many am having a hard time finding the VSS & Back up light wire. Anyone out there able to help?

Thanks,

2. Sep 19, 2007 at 6:40 PM
    krlang

krlang NewEnglander

Member:
    Commonwealth of Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    03 2WD 2.4L Tacoma Reg Cab
    Chrome Bumpers F&R, Grille & Corner Lights, Wheel Skins, Red/Clear LED taillights, Remote start, PDL, Cruise, K&N, All Kenwood, DNX-5120 6.1" NAV/TRAFFIC/DTV/DVD/XM/BLUETOOTH/USB/IPOD/SUB/rear cam, Tint, Air Band radio, Class 3 Hitch with 4/7 pin harness, Transmission Cooler, Red Top Battery, "Deck Plate" mod.
    I found it in my 03 2wd reg cab last week.

Pull down the glove box, you can leave it attached. slide out the A/C duct, and remove the three bolts that hold the filler panel that sits above the glove box. Looking straight ahead, the ECM is right there with 4 connectors attached. The OB one, the one closest to the door has two green wires in one row. Each will have a stripe on them, I thought the green/red was the green/orange that I was looking for, but it would not make the cruise work.
    I tried the wire next to it, it looks like green/yellow, that was the VSS wire, I hooked it up and the cruise control worked like it was supposed to.

Good luck,
    K.L.

Products Discussed in

To Top