1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Audio Control ACR-1 all up in your dash switch hole

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by spieler, Aug 30, 2013.

1. Aug 30, 2013 at 1:20 PM
    spieler

spieler [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Jonesborough, TN
    Vehicle:
    13 white DCSB SR5 4x4
    3" Lift kit/265 Duratracs/SCS Stealth 6 matte black wheels, OEM White grille switcheroo, TRD skid derped white, CSjumper drtl map dome parking lights fog light bulbs, Lifetime LED headlights, **Reverse light mod, Foglight anytime Mod, Trimmed mudflaps, Fully Debadged, 3rd brake light cover by well...me, Liquid Innovations black carbon dipped front emblem, G-Tek Fab diamond plate white door sill protectors, SOS Bolt-on Sliders bedlined, MattGecko rear window security bar, Hardwired Radar Detector w/custom sucker mount, Horse Stall Bed Mat, Audiocontrol LC2i with custom mount ACR-1 remote, Custom sub box behind drivers rear seat, Mag light holder behind seat, Center console organizer , Passenger seatbelt flapper fix, Tailgate anti-theft Mod, Bed storage Locks Mod, hygieneboy ghetto gutter grille guard
    Got the Audio Control ACR-1 today from Crotchfield and went to town raping my switch knockout left of the steering wheel. Pretty much had to gut the entire back and smooth it full out to get the switch and LED in there. Also had to remove the shrink wrapped cover on the ACR (sorry no pix) and grind down the LED connector to make it all fit. Notice in the pix I still retained the clips off of the knockout so it clicked right back in! One final thing you have to do because of the board width of the switch is notch out the dash where it slides in (you cant see it because its behind the switch and knockout. Only thing I wasnt able to do was get the knob straight because of the hole I drilled was a smidge off but that matters non to me and looks good enough in.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. Aug 30, 2013 at 1:31 PM
    lawless

lawless the rent is too damn high

Member:
    First Name:
    Lawson
    San Jose, CA
    Vehicle:
    2012 dcsb mgm sc
    that's slick, nice work. I have mine all ghetto rigged in one of the center plugs by the USB.

3. Aug 30, 2013 at 1:53 PM
    spieler

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Jonesborough, TN
    Vehicle:
    13 white DCSB SR5 4x4
    3" Lift kit/265 Duratracs/SCS Stealth 6 matte black wheels, OEM White grille switcheroo, TRD skid derped white, CSjumper drtl map dome parking lights fog light bulbs, Lifetime LED headlights, **Reverse light mod, Foglight anytime Mod, Trimmed mudflaps, Fully Debadged, 3rd brake light cover by well...me, Liquid Innovations black carbon dipped front emblem, G-Tek Fab diamond plate white door sill protectors, SOS Bolt-on Sliders bedlined, MattGecko rear window security bar, Hardwired Radar Detector w/custom sucker mount, Horse Stall Bed Mat, Audiocontrol LC2i with custom mount ACR-1 remote, Custom sub box behind drivers rear seat, Mag light holder behind seat, Center console organizer , Passenger seatbelt flapper fix, Tailgate anti-theft Mod, Bed storage Locks Mod, hygieneboy ghetto gutter grille guard
    Thanks, My mute for my radar detector is in the area there so I figured thats a good spot, plus the wife cant mess with it there either lol!

4. Aug 30, 2013 at 6:30 PM
    Riverdog

Riverdog Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Collin
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    '05 Double Cab PreRunner
    Nice! I did something thing similar. I don't have 4 wheel drive, but I bought a 4 wheel drive switch and turned it into a volume knob for my subwoofer.

5. Aug 31, 2013 at 4:49 AM
    spieler

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Jonesborough, TN
    Vehicle:
    13 white DCSB SR5 4x4
    Brilliant, nice stealth install, and extra fun with people screwing with them I'm sure!

6. Sep 23, 2013 at 1:21 PM
    spieler

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Jonesborough, TN
    Vehicle:
    13 white DCSB SR5 4x4
    so its been in for a while and the location is perfect for quick bass changes depending on listening. Dont have to look away from the road, just reach up and boom!

7. Sep 23, 2013 at 11:32 PM
    Riverdog

Riverdog Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Collin
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    '05 Double Cab PreRunner
    Awesome. I like that you can take it out or move it to another location relatively easily if you want.

8. Sep 24, 2013 at 4:56 AM
    spieler

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Jonesborough, TN
    Vehicle:
    13 white DCSB SR5 4x4
    yessir. I did just that to see where I liked it the best.

Products Discussed in

To Top