1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

GPS/Factory Matchup

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by punkroc701, Jan 19, 2014.

1. Jan 19, 2014 at 10:07 PM
    punkroc701

punkroc701 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Winchester
    Vehicle:
    2013 SR5 Access Cab
    Hey guys I have not taken my stereo out yet to look, but was curious if the 2013 Tacoma factory head unit has an input of some kind on the back (dvd input or nav input)? I am debating on upgrading the head unit but if I can add on a dvd/nav to it I would rather do that.

2. Jan 23, 2014 at 1:20 PM
    2013TacoLTD

2013TacoLTD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dennis
    Mckinney, TX
    Vehicle:
    13 Tacoma Limited V6 4X2
    Radio On Mod, Complete new stereo with 10" subs, Truxedo bed cover, GT-MAT through doors and rear cab.
    If it did not come with Nav I am sure you cannot add it. Factory stereos are made as chea as possible and putting in a port for adding Nav later costs extra. Plus, if you get the package with Nav, you have to get all the other things thye package along with it, so Toyota can charge more money than they would get for just the Nav unit and antenna.

Good luck on upgrading the unit overall. There are a lot of nice units and the prices have come down a lot over the past few years. Here is what I did in mine:
    http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-tacomas/307606-my-2013-complete-stereo-upgrade-costs.html

3. Jan 23, 2014 at 2:26 PM
    punkroc701

punkroc701 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Winchester
    Vehicle:
    2013 SR5 Access Cab
    Looks good. I was pricing the Soundstream VR-931NB but that needs the nav box 2 the iPod Connector and then a serious receiver. I already have amps door speakers and sound deadening. Starting to look at a different unit now. The pioneer app units don't look bad.

4. Feb 16, 2014 at 4:10 PM
    punkroc701

punkroc701 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Winchester
    Vehicle:
    2013 SR5 Access Cab
    Ended up getting a double din nav but it doesn't fit lol. So I am back to looking for an OEM integration piece. I found this:
    http://www.navtool.com/toyota_tacoma_12-13.aspx
    but it says if you have the nave screen already. I have the Panasonic 86140-04080 OEM radio (pictures on here in other threads). It has the bluetooth, ipod controls, aux input, seems it has empty connectors on the back and looks like you might be able to add on. Curious if anyone has done this or can help me out.

Products Discussed in

To Top