1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Laptop mount options - First Gen

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by VeeSix, Feb 13, 2014.

1. Feb 13, 2014 at 6:51 AM
    VeeSix

VeeSix [OP] Yotahead, Deadhead.

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Tennessee, USA
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma 4x4
    2018 Tacoma - gone 2003 Tacoma - gone 1983 FJ60 - gone 1988 BJ73 - gone 1992 FJ80 - eternal
    Hey - I have an '03 Xcab and am thinking about a front seat laptop mount. I'm looking at Ram and Jotto Desk. Any experience or opinions?

Ram doesn't make one for the 1st Gen, but they have a universal mount that used bendable aluminum tubing in a wonky tripod form that (to me) looks sketchy. They have one for the 2nd Gen Taco but I don't know if the bucket seat bolt pattern is different (I'm sure it is.)

Jotto Desk has several different more or less universal models that will work, but they have 45 degree angle legs supporting them, and i don't know if these legs would interfere with the comfort of a front seat passenger (any more than a laptop would already.

Any other ideas? I'm mounting a Toughbook that weighs slightly more than a concrete block, so I need something really heavy duty.

Thanks

2. Feb 16, 2014 at 3:57 PM
    BamaToy1997

BamaToy1997 Wheel Bearing Master

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Navarre, FL
    Vehicle:
    1997 Tacoma 4X4 AKA "Blue Beast"
    best wheel bearings around! www.marionbumper2bumper.com
    I have one that I bought a couple of years back that uses a lexan top plate, and steel pipe with a steel base plate bolted to the floor. I think I paid something like $75 for the kit, plus some extras that I added. I can get you some pictures tomorrow posted.

Products Discussed in

To Top