Tacoma World Forums

Tacoma World Forums (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/)
-   Audio & Video (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/audio-video/)
-   -   2012 JL Stealthbox installed (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/audio-video/316105-2012-jl-stealthbox-installed.html)

love4steel 02-16-2014 10:11 AM

2012 JL Stealthbox installed

1 Attachment(s)
just finished installing the new Jl Audio Stealthbox for 2012+ dbl cab. Wanted to report this thing hits hard and has deeep tight bass. Has the new t3 10" sub speaker. Im powering it with a xd500 amp which is also powering my C5 component speakers. cant recommend the sub enough.. no cutting, seat folds back up and it doesnt even hinder child seat usage. Totally invisible, but youll know its there when u turn it on!

A1Cfuji 02-16-2014 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by love4steel (Post 8206225)
just finished installing the new Jl Audio Stealthbox for 2012+ dbl cab. Wanted to report this thing hits hard and has deeep tight bass. Has the new t3 10" sub speaker. Im powering it with a xd500 amp which is also powering my C5 component speakers. cant recommend the sub enough.. no cutting, seat folds back up and it doesnt even hinder child seat usage. Totally invisible, but youll know its there when u turn it on!

That's the box I wanted. How much you paid for it? I seen it on websites and it cost $600 for the sub and box. I wasn't bout to pay that much for it.

love4steel 02-16-2014 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A1Cfuji (Post 8206370)
That's the box I wanted. How much you paid for it? I seen it on websites and it cost $600 for the sub and box. I wasn't bout to pay that much for it.

it costs a bit more than that if you buy from authorized dealer. Jl audio stuff is pretty pricey no doubt.

AEmedic 02-16-2014 01:12 PM

Looks good! I am gathering everything I need to do a complete system install. I think tomorrow I'm going to install the Stinger Roadkill on the back of the cab and install the Stealthbox and just wait to hook it up until I get everything else. That way a chunk of the install is done at least...

ZMan2k2 02-16-2014 01:19 PM

Do you have any better pictures, can't tell too much the fitment in that one. It may help others in deciding which box to go with.

RedNeck D 02-16-2014 02:39 PM

What head unit are you running

love4steel 02-16-2014 02:52 PM

i know i know picture is so weak.. much better ones coming soon. Ill take pictures of amp too. Im running kenwood 690hd head unit which is nice because you can adjust the subwoofer level right in the head unit (no knob accessory needed)

RedNeck D 02-16-2014 03:18 PM

Ah aftermarket. I have this same sub running off a LOC from the stock head unit. I think that is my problem.

love4steel 02-16-2014 03:35 PM

Oh forgot to mention .. If u go with this sub make sure to put some closed cell foam and/or sound deadening between the seat plastic and outside metal (behind the sub) or else u may experience some vibration rattling from the plastic and metal. This thing puts out some energy.. I can feel it in my teeth on certain tracks :eek: