1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Finally made a decision and placed my order!

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by double_b, Jun 27, 2014.

1. Jun 27, 2014 at 9:45 AM
    double_b

double_b [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Red Lion, PA
    Vehicle:
    '14 DCab Tacoma TRD Off Road
    After a few months of reading, researching, stressing, etc I finally made my decision and pulled the trigger. I was debating on whether to keep the factory Entune HU and add a processor or get an aftermarket HU. I had a poll going on the keeping of the HU and if people liked it.

In the end for my preference I decided aftermarket HU. It came down to new HU or JBL MS-8, so it was basically do I want the better imaging and overall sound of the MS-8 or do I want more functionality out of the HU itself. Functionality(and probably easier install and set up) won out.

I just ordered a Pioneer AVH-4000NEX. Along with some Dynamat and Dynaliner. I already have an Alpine PDX F-4 for my amp and am supposed to be buying a pair of BNIB Image Dynamics CSX65 components from a guy on CL.

Still have to buy my dash kit and all harnesses and adapters and I think I have all of them figured out as to what I need. Have contacted the eBay user ckremernimrod1 about a back up camera harness.

Next up, planning the build of my sub(Dayton 10") box and then the install.

Looking forward to some decent sound....I HATE the factory sound. It sucks so bad. Not looking forward to sound deadening...lol...but I know I gotta do it.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  2. Jun 27, 2014 at 12:57 PM
    harley3

harley3 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Lexington KY
    Vehicle:
    2014 DCSB TRD Off-Road 4x4
    Redline Tuning Elite Hood Lifts, Weathertechs, Black Devil Horns (thank you Andres), G-Tek Fab Door Sill Protectors (thank you Greg), interior LED lights, Pioneer AVH-4000NEX, Kenwood 700w amp, Alpine door speakers tweeters and sub, SuperCrewSounds single sub box
    I should be finishing mine up this weekend, just in time to head out on vacation for a week and a half. So I won't have much drive time to enjoy it.

Let us know how it goes.

Products Discussed in

To Top