1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2008 TRD Sport Audio Upgrade

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by TSR_Mxer355, Nov 30, 2007.

1. Nov 30, 2007 at 4:45 PM
    TSR_Mxer355

TSR_Mxer355 [OP] Member

Member:
    Hey Guys,

I am picking up a 2008 TRD sport double cab very soon and I plan to put a solid system in it. Is it necessary or do you recommend to buy the truck with the upgraded sound package even though I am upgrading it? I am worried that the stock audio package will not have a spot for tweeters, etc. Also, are the JBL speakers in the updgraded package good enough to not have to replace? Thoughts?

-G

2. Nov 30, 2007 at 5:21 PM
    The_Hodge

The_Hodge Volunteer Moderator

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    Seeing the third gen section forced me to get a Ford...
    i'm not sure about the jbl speakers, being as how i didnt get that option, but there is a set of tweeters in the front doors...so definately room for those.

3. Dec 4, 2007 at 2:36 AM
    lineberw

lineberw Well-Known Member

Member:
    Summerville, SC
    Vehicle:
    TRD 4x4
    Why pay extra if your going to upgrade the factory system. Don't pay for the JBL and just do it the way you want it to begin with. Hey lot's of guys here will tell you to run subs to a stock headunit get an amp with line level inputs or get a line converter. You can go that route but, you loose sound quality. Don't get me wrong if your not hard to please this is what I would do if I could do it all over on a moderate scale. Buy the JBL system get the JL Audio cleansweep for your truck to clean out the factory stereo and it gives you RCA outs for your subs. Then maybe add a 12" sub or two.

4. Dec 7, 2007 at 10:48 PM
    bledsoe3

bledsoe3 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Portland
    Vehicle:
    '15 DCLB Limited
    SnugTop, Air Lift bags, Bilstein 5100's up front, AAL in rear, 275/70/18 BFG AT TA KO2, URD TCAI, URD Cat Back
    I had the JBL system and I took it all out. I tried to add amps to the original system and I wasn't satisfied. Save your money, go with the base unit and upgrade.

5. Dec 7, 2007 at 10:50 PM
    TuRDTACO

TuRDTACO Carolina Alliance: Midwest Firearms Division

Member:
    joliet, il
    Vehicle:
    HAD 07 TRD OFFROAD PRERUNNER
    small dent on the hood, new foglight bulb, roughed up bedliner, been smoked in, suspicious stains on the passenger seat, boogers on the drivers seat, dirty floor mats, girl doodles on the dirty windows, loose wiring
    that's what i'd do...i've had a few sets of subs in my access-cab now but i haven't touched the factory door speakers yet, that's another project for another time down the road

6. Dec 8, 2007 at 7:33 PM
    kristopherl

kristopherl AKA: Jake the Wolf

Member:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma DC 4x4 Sport LB. Foglight
    Cup holder LEDs, Black Max Tonau, BHL Mod, N-Fab side steps
    I have an 08 DC and got the base stereo. Plan on doing an after market. Heard the JBL system and thought I could do better so I chose to save the money now for a better stereo later.:thumbsup:

7. Dec 8, 2007 at 9:49 PM
    TuRDTACO

TuRDTACO Carolina Alliance: Midwest Firearms Division

Member:
    joliet, il
    Vehicle:
    HAD 07 TRD OFFROAD PRERUNNER
    small dent on the hood, new foglight bulb, roughed up bedliner, been smoked in, suspicious stains on the passenger seat, boogers on the drivers seat, dirty floor mats, girl doodles on the dirty windows, loose wiring
    i'm glad i didn't buy a domestic truck :D their forums are probably filled with idiots that can't see the smart way to do things, like buying a toyota :cool:

Products Discussed in

To Top