1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Removing (entire) door?

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by SubZombie, Sep 28, 2009.

1. Sep 28, 2009 at 4:53 PM
    SubZombie

SubZombie [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    South East
    Vehicle:
    2019 Voodoo TRD Pro
    Hey, don't ask me why I need to do this, but I'd like to get the whole door off the truck to do something.

Can I simply remove the bolts, then when I go to put it back on, screw it right back and it will be aligned just as good as it was?

Also, is there an easy way to detach the wiring?

Thanks.

2. Sep 28, 2009 at 4:56 PM
    mwild

mwild I CANT SPELL SO DONT BITCH

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Vernon, NJ
    Vehicle:
    03 2500 Dodge Ram
    Cat-Back, weather techs, ipod and sisuis Old 04 Taco: 5100s At all 4 corners set at 2.5", Toyotec AAL, Gibson cat-back, Deck plate mod, 20% Tint on fronts, 10" Kicker Comp sub, Sirius radio, Bud Built Skid, Pro Comp 8069 Wheels
    drill a small hole in both hinges if u can get a drill in their and then use the drill bit to line it back up. im not sure about the wiring

3. Sep 28, 2009 at 5:18 PM
    PSUnick

PSUnick Lets Go State!

Member:
    MA
    Vehicle:
    2007 AC 4x4 Sport
    No need to drill. The paint marks will give you an easy indicator as to where to align the door when you go to reinstall it.

4. Sep 28, 2009 at 8:55 PM
    ItalynStylion

ItalynStylion Sounds Gooooood

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    DFW, Tx.
    Vehicle:
    09 Double Cab TRD Sport 4x4
    You could also use a fine tip sharpie to trace the hinge flange where it meets the door.

5. Sep 28, 2009 at 9:15 PM
    Anathollo

Anathollo www.saveadane.org

Member:
    Houston
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma TRD Sport
    Icon coilovers, Rear Fox Resi-shocks, 285/70/17 Toyo A/T's, Touchscreen JVC Headunit, Custom Rhino-lined sub box, Rocksford Fosgate components and Dual Rockford Fosgate 10" shallow subs, Pioneer and Rocksford Fosgate amps, 1250 watts total, Autometer Volt and Trans gauges with Lotek A-pillar, K&N Drop-in filter, WO Seat covers, Tint, NST WP pulley, Hi-lift jack, Diff breather mod, horn relocation mod, extra "D" rings, de-pinstriped, carrier bearing drop, Rear backup 886 bulbs, Camburg UCA's, AMW Catch can, BHLM, OME Dakars with AAL, Procomp 7089's, Front single hoop Demello bumper, Superwinch Tiger Shark 9500, Amsteel 3/8th synthetic line
    X2 to what he said. Took him no time at all! Just DON'T push the wiring back into the frame, as taco4x4ar did this and he had a tough time getting it back out! If I remember correctly, Taco4x4ar said he tapes his to the door to keep it from falling back in!

Products Discussed in

To Top